Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member to the Passat world, do you mind me asking a question?

Well I've done it. I have kicked my GTI habbit and I have crossed over into the world of the Passat. I picked up my '03 Silverstone Gray GLS last night. That was after waiting for 2 1/2 hour to get in to sign my paperwork with a deal that was done Friday. But I won't go into that. I love the car though, but now it needs some work. I've got a bunch of stuff on the way, but wheels are still a big choice. I was wondering what peoples thougt was between 18's and 19's. I'm looking at 19's but wonder if there are any problems with rubbing on the B5.5. Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
226 Posts
Re: New Member to the Passat world, do you mind ... (Talon Load)

Welcome to the club and welcome to the Passat! Hope you enjoy both as much as we all do here

I have the stock 15' so i cant comment on your question but i can say I'm selling 18 inch wheels if your interested
check http://clubb5.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=21146

· Banned
2,765 Posts
Re: New Member to the Passat world, do you mind ... (uzima)

I don't think wheel diameter is as big of a deal as wheel width. I would say that as long as you get 19's or smaller....mated with 235's or smaller, you should have NO rubbing problems because as wheel diameter goes up, a lower profile tire is mated to it to compensate the change. But width can not be compensated, it's just there.

Know what I'm sayin?

...I'm sure more people will add anyway, this is just my $0.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.