Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been checking out the boards for several months now. Your enthusiasm for the passat helped convince me to purchase. I am the proud owner of a 2004 GLS, Silverstone Grey, 5spd, Leather, Cold Weather Package, Monsoon, etc. The forum has also helped me spend a few bucks on some basic mods....

NB Sunglass Holder
Euroswitch
Disable DRL
PIAA super plasma fogs
Chrome handle covers
20% tint all the way around
Wood kit
Factory Splash Guards (pa winters require them)

These are some pics after a full detail. Just used Meg. NXT for the first time.... Seems nice but only time will tell. Let me know what you think... and thanks for all your help so far, what a great place!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice ride. I just bought the exact same car last week equiped the same way + onstar. I am currently living in Philly. Tint looks great. I wish I could tint mine (I am moving to NJ and will have it tinted after I get inspected).

Questions:

1) Wood kit: Did you get the VW wood kit or an aftermarket? Can you take some pics? Was the install easy? I would love to see this against the black interior.

2) Mud guards - did you install them yourself? Easy?

BTW -- I am a detail nut. You did a nice job. My Passat is too new for wax, but here is my most recent detailing work and what the Passat has in store:

http://www.misplacedyankee.com/springclean.html

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Another Pittsburgher! From where are you represent'n?

Good first mods. The stupid dealer removed my tint... something about sale policy. Argh. But I still have it on the rear window, and man, is it dark! Car looks good.

Welcome. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
saabfan....

I put the splash guards on myself, they were rather easy with the exception of having to remove the rear wheels... As with most VW products, they are very well designed. The directions are all in German of course so the pictures were very useful. :)

I'll try to get some interior shots soon, the wood kit turned out nice. I got it from some company on ebay, it is a medium burl wood. It came with a ton of pieces, however I just put on the ones that look factory.

Your detail of the Saab looks great!! I love 3M imperial hand glaze!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those that asked, I actually live in New Castle, PA (a little north of the burgh) But I didn't think anyone would know where that was at. I also spend a lot of time in North Hills/Cranberry. I got the passat at my local dealer, "Kings VW" in New Castle.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Welcome to the club! :thumbup:

Very nice color. My wife's wagon was that color until the dealer sold it off the lot :mad:

Start saving your money now because the mods are unlimited!

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.