Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Didn't realise there was a different section on B5 for European members, i've been posting on the main B5 forum for the last month.

I'm located near Sutton in Ashfield (junction 28 M1) in the UK.

Brought my 98 1.8t about 9 weeks a go now but i have only driven it for about a week as some prick in a lorry pulled out of a side road into me the day after i had brought it, it then spent 7 1/2 weeks in the repair shop, i have driven it for about a week and its now gone back to the repair shop for them to re-do alot of the work they did as it was done to such a sh#t standard first time.

Mods so far:

Had the car Upsolute chipped last Friday.
Also fitted a Forge Dv.
Had a Votex rear spoiler fitted while it was in the repair shop.

Just waiting to get my car back so i can sort the brakes, suspension and wheels.

For wheels i'm looking at either RS4 or RS6 replica's in 18's.
Suspension looking at a Spax kit, either the vsx or psx kit.
Brakes looking at maybe Tarox/Brembo or Black diamond grooved/cross drilled disc's and uprated pads.

Any suggestions on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Peter...

I`m quite new on here too, but I`ve got 18" RS4`s on mine, and I love em. Check out my pics on my posting...
I had the suspension lowered on Eibach springs (cheaper than coilovers, and I didnt want it too low anyway)

·
Registered
606 Posts
for pictures, I use photobucket, i think it's www.photobucket.com it's free, you just need an e-mail address.

To post pics up just put the url in between [ img ] and [ /img ] (removing the spaces).

I have heard that the spax kits can e quite hard/harsh. Depends on what kind of lowering you are looking for, but one of the best combinations is Koni yellow shocks (top rebound adjustable) with either Eibach or H&R springs.

Either that or a complete Eibach set-up i.e shocks & springs. You may also want to think about uprated ARB's. They really do make a difference to the body roll of the car.

I fitted a rear Neuspeed ARB to my Bora, and it made an awful lot of difference, even on std suspension:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marc

I'm on a bit of a tight budget, so can't really stretch to the Koni top adjustables.

The Spax vsx kit is £249, which gets you 4 uprated fixed rate dampers and 4 lowered springs.
The Spax psx kit is £349, which gets you 4 adjustable dampers and lowered springs.

I think the Koni's and eibach sets are quite a bit more than the spax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.