Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently drive a 2013 Focus ST which is a blast to drive. We just had our first child and we are also looking to move in the next year. To both of those ends I'm thinking of selling the ST and getting a used B6 wagon and taking whatever is left over from the sale of the ST and putting toward the dp on the new house.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the ins/outs of the B6 platform. Before the ST I owned a number of VAG cars (97 A4 1.8Tq, '00 GTI 1.8T, 06 GLI, 09 Rabbit) so I understand they can have their quirks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd also look at the CC. It's a good mix between the B6 sedan and the wagon and also very affordable. If you get the 2.0T, as I'm sure you've been aware with your GLI, the cam follower is something you really need to watch out for. But personally if I was to get a B6 I'd get one with the 3.6L VR6. Plenty of pep stock (especially with a tune), and sounds sexy as hell...I'd kill to have a B6 wagon with a VR6, 4motion and a manual...mmmmmmm...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.