Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anybody tell me which chip to go for and dump v.and do the dump valves make a noise.?????cheers petrolhead

·
Registered
570 Posts
hi nice
i am after them rims are they 18" stock suspension?
i am just buying the new hyperboost valve no noise but power i will let u know how it performes.just waiting for the milltek cat back.
glen.

·
Registered
570 Posts
i have a jr replacement air filter very good at £40 from awesome gti .com.awesome will sort you out if you got the cash.they are great cars arnt they?i have 1.8t 2000 best car i have ever had for the money. :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HI MATE .GLAD YOU LIKE MY WHEELS.THEY ARE 18INCH.MY SPRINGS AND STRUTS ARE SPAXS.BUT I HAVE ONLY HAD THEM A FEW WEEKS.THERE ON THE LOWEST SETTING I CAN PUT THEM ON.THE WHEELS WERE £800.AS FOR THE AIR FILTER.I THINK I WILL GO FOR A K&N???AND DUMP V BAILEY DV 30???LET ME KNOW ...CHEERS CARL :D :b5:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 18" rs4's too,cool wheel!!like the colour too.i put a 57i kit on mine,thinking about taking it off again and putting the old air box back in with a panel filter i rekon the induction kit has caused more problems than performance, :sad: ..any of you going to GTI INTERNATIONAL in may???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS EVERY BODY FOR THE GOOD VIEWS ON MY CAR.HOPING TO DO A LOT MORE SOON.AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO GET TO GTI IN MAY....SO IS THE 57i CRAP OR WHAT??NEW MATS CAME TONIGHT FOR THE PASSAT .CLEAR SIDE REPEATERS TOMORROW NIGHT.AND IN TO MINDS ABOUT PAINTING ENGINE COVERS...JUST GOT PRICE ON CLEAR BACK LIGHTS 140.00 IS THAT GOOD OR NOT.AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE DV 30 . IS NOT AS GOOD AS A DOUBLE PISTON DUMP V..????? CHEERS CARL :D :b5:

·
Registered
62 Posts
yea i think the 57i doesnt do much,you dont get much induction noise and it looks messy,im gonna put the old air box back in.i get lexus style rear lights in clear or black in southampton for about £115 (fk ones).ive also put a twin piston bailey dv on,and blocked off the old one.who do you use up there for wheels and things??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HI TIM CHEERS FOR THE POST ..LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE DV??AND THE AIR FILTER??AND ALSO THE REAR LIGHTS.PLEASE CAN ANY BODY LET ME HAVE SOME WEB SITES .WHERE ITS BEST TO GET A DV AND AIR FILTER.PLUS REAR LIGHTS..AND THANKS TX B5.5 .IAM DOING MY BEST .COULD DO WITH A BIGGER WALLET. :lol: :lol: THE LAD AS LET ME DOWN TONIGHT WITH THE SIDE REPEATERS..SO HE IS GOING TO ORDER THEM AGAIN :sad: AND TIM THERE IS A GREAT PLACE UP HERE FOR WHEEL AND CUSTOM EXHAUSTS.THANKS EVERY ONE .CARL.. :bow: :b5:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HI EVERYONE HAVING EXHAUST DONE ON THE 5 APRIL.BY TOP GEAR THEY DID MY MAZDA THREE YEARS AGO. TOP JOB.HAVING TWIN TAIL PIPES.SO IAM GOING TO SHAPE MY BUMPER .THEN IT DOES NT LOOK LIKE ITS STUCK THERE.SHOULD GET MY LEAD AND DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE NEXT WEEK.THEN I CAN FIND OUT WHAT IS SET MY ALARM OFF ALL THE TIME .?????IF ANY ONE WANTS TO GIVE US A RING MY NUMBER IS 07889 530477.AND TIM HAVE YOU SORTED YOUR PASSAT OUT NOW??AND ARE THE BACK LIGHTS £120??HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THE DV?? CHEERS EVERYONE CARL :lol: :thumbup: :b5:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Angelo, I'm getting my motor 'upsoluted' in the very near future. Is it a great improvement? I know power is up'd to about 200 bhp but I'm used to a Volvo T5 (240bhp-260llb/ft). Where is the increase most noticeable, mid range or top end?

Petrolhead - posting capitals means ur shouting! Good to see what what ur doing with ur motor! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
10 Participants
markjm
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing