Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new car, a 2004 1.8T 4-motion with leatherette, cold-weather pkg, and 5 speed manual. I bought on the last day of the month/quarter so the price was VERY good :wink: and they gave me an excellent valuation for my trade-in :thumbup:

Just wanted to put a "plug" in for my dealer, Patrick VW in Worcester (Auburn), MA.

http://www.patrickvw.com

I negotiated with several dealers in the area and Patrick offered me the best deal.

These guys were very easy to deal with and advertise some specials over at VWVORTEX. Plus, they advertise on their site that they'll match or beat Edmunds, KBB, etc. pricing if you bring in the report.

My Salesman was Justin Gewandter, who is also a VWVORTEX member and enthusiast. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a new car.
His email is: [email protected]

-Scott

*EDIT* more pics and fixed colors!
front view

rear view...brightened the photo so you can see the dual exhaust:

comfy leatherette front seats in anthracite

unique shift knob

lots of legroom in the back, 1.8T 4-mo also has FOLDING REAR SEATS 8)

stock 15"s, I like the design except would it kill them to make this wheel in a 16" :mad: :

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
take a pic of the back. I'm curious how they ran the exhaust through the valence or under it.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
how heavier is it comparing to a normal 1.8T without 4MO....my dealer told me it kinda robs power from the 1.8T with the heavier 4MO...Im sure a chip can fix that though

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not_too_shabby said:
take a pic of the back. I'm curious how they ran the exhaust through the valence or under it.
It has two mufflers routed under the valence..the tips are turned down and are not really visible...but I have a pic I can put up later (I have them but need to re-size)

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Im wondering if the exhaust for an A4 may fit on the Passat now that they are more setup like the A4 Quatro.

Im sure that once you chip the car it would make a difference. Add exhaust and a stage 3 kit, and your talking about no problems with traction like you would on a FWD Stg 3 kit.

Congrats, and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
natskiboy said:
how heavier is it comparing to a normal 1.8T without 4MO....my dealer told me it kinda robs power from the 1.8T with the heavier 4MO...Im sure a chip can fix that though
IIRC its a couple hundred pounds heavier, but gearing is lower than my 2001. Stock for stock it feels better than the 2001 although I'm sure its the gearing. I haven't really pushed it yet still breaking it in. The DBW response is much better.

Stock suspension is pretty cool, supple yet controlled, nice steering feel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great ride...let us know how you like the 4MO and the leatherette.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats. I have an '04.5 varient with the new cloth interior; also 4motion, 1.8t, 5-speed, cold weather. I agree with you about the suspension. It has a great, controlled and supple feel. A little bit floaty but, I still have the Blizzak snows on (until this weekend). As for power, in 1st and 2nd, I prefer it to my older '00 Audi A4 2.8, quatro with 5 speed. In 3rd-5th gears, it's adequate but not inspiring (yet). Overall, IMO it has a sportier and zippier feel than the 2.8. It's a great car!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gregger said:
the leatherette is really nice (I added some new pics up top). Only thing I miss is the leather steering wheel.

We had a lot of rain /flooded streets etc/ yesterday, the 4-mo is amazing on the slick surfaces! even when stock my FWD would light up the ASR in the same conditions or push in sharp wet turns. With sticky tires and maybe a larger rear anti-sway this would be a *very* competent car!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
znalg said:
Congrats. I have an '04.5 varient with the new cloth interior; also 4motion, 1.8t, 5-speed, cold weather. I agree with you about the suspension. It has a great, controlled and supple feel. A little bit floaty but, I still have the Blizzak snows on (until this weekend). As for power, in 1st and 2nd, I prefer it to my older '00 Audi A4 2.8, quatro with 5 speed. In 3rd-5th gears, it's adequate but not inspiring (yet). Overall, IMO it has a sportier and zippier feel than the 2.8. It's a great car!
Yeah the gearing is lower compared to my '01 FWD, andthe ratios "seem" tighter (need to check the specs) so it pulls pretty good although highway cruise rpms are a bit higher.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
nice car, congrats!

Kevin

·
Registered
152 Posts
scotty_passat said:
gregger said:
the leatherette is really nice (I added some new pics up top). Only thing I miss is the leather steering wheel.
What options are there for getting some leather on the wheel? I got the Anthracite Leatherette, also.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gregger said:
scotty_passat said:
gregger said:
What options are there for getting some leather on the wheel? I got the Anthracite Leatherette, also.
Isotta wrap seems to be the way to go, or a swap in the wheel from a GLS with leather.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We got the same car. :D
Mine just a different color combination blue/grey int. but same options. Did your dealers have many in stock with leatherette, 5sp, 4Mo's? None of my local dealers had them in stock.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
man thats nice :bow: :bow: :bow:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
23 Participants
scotty_passat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing