Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was carpooling home yesterday in my buddies 350Z when we hit bumper to bumper traffic in Midtown Atlanta. We pull up next to the guy driving it (no badges at all) and its basically a Z4 with the M3 quad exhaust and 275s-315s on the back. I ask if its the new M and he stayed quiet a second before saying "I can't tell you". All I know is that Greenville, SC is 2 hours north of us and the X5 is made there in addition to the Z4. I have no pics but all I can say is boooooo. Only difference b/w this and the regular Z4 is the common quad exhaust and 2 lip spoilers on the front air dam. Don't hold your breath for any groundbreaking styling difference on this one.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
that's about all there was different between the z3/z3-M style-wise.... wheels, rear bumper/exhaust, slight difference to the "side gills", oval vs. square mirrors.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
It could be just a regular Z4 with wheels and an Eisenmann exhaust.

gf is thinking about getting it, or maybe trading in her Z4 for a Cayman.

If she does, we're taking a trip to Germany for European delivery *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
did it have manufacturers plates? if not, i doubt it was the new M-ized Z4.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had SC plates and there were 2 of them, one was a right hand drive but they got split up in the traffic. The styling changes are enough where there is no way it is a standard Z4 or tuner derivation thereof. The back trunk has is basically a curved trunk spoiler not unlike the Passat GT-R and Jetta GT-R. The front looks just like the 6 series, all curvy and fugly. The exhaust looks exactly like the same unit from a M3. Tell your girl to wise up and get the cayman, I can't believe theres any discussion on that.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to add they were both hardtops too, after asking my co worker who was with me. Discuss amongst yourselves.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Shes worried about looking overly pretencious driving around in a Porsche @ 25 years old. That, and optioned the way she wants it, the car will run about 85k out the door.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
god bless your girlfriend, but how in hell do you option a Cayman up to 85k?? i fully understand all the options available on these cars but to get to 85k you'd have to be putting on the PCCBs. lord knows they aren't needed for the street, heck, they're not even required for track work.

unfortunately, the Porsche Car Configurator isn't working right now or I'd go set one up. Base is 59000, assume 3500 if you want to get full leather, maybe 1000 for metallic point, 2000 for upgraded wheels/tires, and throw in another 5000 for misc upgrades (like bi-xenons). That gets you to 70k.

That's a quite-reasonable car payment for a 25-yr old woman.

BTW, can we see some pics of her, and does she have an older, single sister?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Medrosje said:
god bless your girlfriend, but how in hell do you option a Cayman up to 85k?? i fully understand all the options available on these cars but to get to 85k you'd have to be putting on the PCCBs. lord knows they aren't needed for the street, heck, they're not even required for track work.

unfortunately, the Porsche Car Configurator isn't working right now or I'd go set one up. Base is 59000, assume 3500 if you want to get full leather, maybe 1000 for metallic point, 2000 for upgraded wheels/tires, and throw in another 5000 for misc upgrades (like bi-xenons). That gets you to 70k.

That's a quite-reasonable car payment for a 25-yr old woman.

BTW, can we see some pics of her, and does she have an older, single sister?
Not really that hard, go take a look at the options. 5k package price for the hid, floormats, heated seats, upgraded sound.

3k for adaptive sport seats. A must have for her cuz she loved a buddy's 911 seats that had them. 3k for nav, 2k for wheels, 1k for metallic paint, 550 for climate control (yes optional!), 2k for active sports suspension. You're looking at around 75k, plus tax, title, license, etc...Add a couple dealer installed options, thicker steering wheel, trim, etc...and you're looking at 85 easy. Porsche is not discounting these at all, but they might knock off a few k for european delivery.

Oh, shes camera shy...but theres a few pics of her car floating around.

She has a sister, lives in Boston :p I know better than to let you vultures go after her tho :poke: :lol:

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
I'm close to Boston, and working on the getting single bit! ;)

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
JayTheSnork said:
I'm close to Boston, and working on the getting single bit! ;)

dude, i'm in front and called it first. plus, i'm closer.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
pacent said:
3k for adaptive sport seats. A must have for her cuz she loved a buddy's 911 seats that had them. 3k for nav, 2k for wheels, 1k for metallic paint, 550 for climate control (yes optional!), 2k for active sports suspension. You're looking at around 75k, plus tax, title, license, etc...Add a couple dealer installed options, thicker steering wheel, trim, etc...and you're looking at 85 easy. Porsche is not discounting these at all, but they might knock off a few k for european delivery.
sounds like she needs a Cayenne and it's cushy ride instead of the Cayman

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Medrosje said:
sounds like she needs a Cayenne and it's cushy ride instead of the Cayman
Already has an rx300 for her DD

Cushy ride? She was planning on getting the 6 spd and the sports suspension. Nav is nice if we road trip with it. Climate control, eh, why not, its cheap and its a convenience...plus it doesn't add that much weight.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
I saw some pictures of the new Z4 coupe in Car Magazine. The back looks great but the front is still butt ungly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts