Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my friend has said he has seen pics of a new Z4 Coupe, specificlly, the new M Coupe. I searced, but turned up nothing. Anyone seen anything? I loved the Z3 based M Coupe with its ass-out E30 suspention.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Idunno, the M coupe was an ugly little bugger... The Z4 front end ain't too sexy either. I'm actually fearing the pictures. :lol:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
From what I have heard, BMW isnt releasing an M version of the Z in any near future. They really dont have a motor to put into it right now, the e46 m3 motor is stopping production within a year or so, the e39 m5 motor is no longer being produced, and I would think they wouldnt put the e60 m5 motor in the z4 because of cost and weight

You can get a hardtop for the z4, which makes it look like a coupe. Its a sculpted roof that actually looks pretty nice.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
I always thought that the M coupes were really nice. The rear fenders are just asking for wide tires with some fat rubbers. Ive seen some autocross before and I must say that once I got home that afternoon, I got online to check for any coupes for sale in my area.

I wouldnt mind having one though if they decide to come out with a new model.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I've seen a sick photoshop of one done by a guy on German Car Fans.com Looked like a cross between the batmobile and the z4. but it was just a rendering. I personally liked the M coupe which I lovingly refer to as the shoe.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I really like the Z3 coupe.
It's really an acquired taste, either you love it or hate it. I like it because it has that unique shooting brake look -- a bit british in the styling department. Also it's a much better performer than the Z3 convertible because of it's stiffer closed structure, and it's rare to see them on the streets.

I don't think a Z4 couple would make it into production, as the former Z3 coupe was a slow seller. Also, the Z4 styling has a very short rear deck so adding a hatch to it would make it look very awkward and pointless. It would be much cheaper to make removable hardtop option for the convertible instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.