Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
09 VW Passat 2.0T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How y'all doing? Names George from the MS Gulf coast in good ole U.S. of A. (hence the Suthurnstyle username and all the "y'all's" y'all gonna hear). I'm knowledgeable bout most cars, but my baby I just bought almost exactly 1 year ago, an 09 Passat 2.0t, is my first VW, so I'm relatively new to the whole European scene. From what I understand, I bought someone else's problem. However, I see what these cars are supposed to be and how they're supposed to run and, without a doubt, I will be a proud owner and rep of the VW Passat for life, whether it be with this beauty or the next. Im here hopefully to keep this lovely lady here on the road. When I bought it, it had roughly 225k miles, was 100% stock mechanically and cosmetically, and very poorly taken care of, both cosmetically and mechanically. Because of this, I got a great deal on it, but have since invested way more money than what it's worth in it, but it's not about value for me, it's about having what has proven to be a easily underestimated, but very badass car. I'm a true southern gentleman and extremely humble and you'd have to know me to understand this next statement, but I jokingly always say "I'm not the best, but I am the most" so why wouldn't I have a car to match, right? So nice to meet y'all and I look forward to my future here. Thanks

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
Welcome to the club, bub(y). Although, the best Passat generation was 1998-2005 ;). You've come to the right place. Make sure the cam follower for the high pressure fuel pump is or has been done. That is a BIG failure point on that motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel weird saying welcome as I too am new here.
Cool to see so many people from different places enjoying the wonders of German engineering though.

Also, clearly the B6 2008 is the supperior Passat - or...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts