Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live here in SP Brazil and just picked up a 98/99 B5 and it comes with the standard key and not the Keyless entry systems found on newer models. Is it possible to convert to the newer systems with the laser cut keys?? Dealer told me it was not possible/worth it? Any ideas???

Thanks,
Great SITE!!!!

·
0 Posts
All the passat keys i have ever seen were laser cut! post apicture of this non laser cut key would ya please!

The keyless entry was probably lost and those cheap stealership bums dont want to replace it! :)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
getting wireless entry would be easy

changing all the locks and igntion to match your car would be expensive and hard

·
Registered
666 Posts
Stealerships ripped me off too. Well, f those bastards, I got mine off ebay for $20 and retrofitted my master from the Info section. I see you can buy an uncut key fob for less than $50 on eBay right now, better than $200 from those worldwide scamming bastards. Just make sure that the code of the keyless remote ends with a 753 f, I believe :thumbup:

BTW, all Passats come with the keyless entry systems, it's those damn dealers calling us ignorant and trying to rip us off at the same time that makes it confusing at times and unsettling at all times :nervous:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.. so basically I can go ahead and retrofit? I guess the key is laser.. but its just a standard key not the switchblade type like all the others are. I wanted to fit the keyless entry systems of the newer models. I will have more infor and will post pics as soon as I get the car this week. Since Carnaval here is finished today people will go back to work lol...

Thanks again,

JP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts