Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I’ve been a member for awhile now but I’m just now seeing the rules and how the site works. So when I first joined about maybe a year ago I was driving a b5.5 v6 and recently traded vehicles with somebody so now currently a proud owner of a b6 2.0t! Sadly, I regret the trade. The b6 is amazing just too many problems to keep up with and is a cop magnet... since owning the car only About 2 months give or take ive gotten pulled over I think 6+ times and arrested 3 times. Anyways that’s not the point I’m trying to make here. I came asking how much it would cost me to get vagcom??? I know the cable itself is only like 60 bucks but heard the software is like 600-800???

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Ross-Tech is the gold standard for VW/Audi software.
There is a free lite version available for download. For a free version it has many features.
The interface (hardware) is what drives the cost. The type of interface you buy is what enables or prevents the certain features within the software.

More info here:
Ross-Tech: Home

Other third party options are available, however I'm not savvy to any of that stuff as I own the Ross-Tech stuff.

Hopefully others will chime in on the 3rd party stuff.

I own the Ross-Tech software with the following:
HEX-NET Professional WiFi & USB Interface (unlimited VIN #'s)
HEX-V2 Enthusiast (up to 10 VIN #'s)

The HEX-V2 was my first purchase for $300.
I then upgraded to the HEX-NET Pro for $600.

Reactions: axenstar
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.