Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Darth, If you order from crutchfield.com they will send the wiring harness and everything else you need to put it. We can put it in at the GTG on the 10th. I have tools to do all the crimping and install.

Jon

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
droop17 said:
Any special thing to do with k-wire or whatever its called?

None of the aftermarket harnesses I've seen have a wire in the slot the corresponds to the K-Wire slot on the OEM harness so you should be fine. I think some of the earlier versions may have had an issue but the newer versions of the harnesses are fine. I know for a fact the Metra harness doesn't have anything in that slot so if all else fails, get a Metra harness. www.metraonline.com

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was just told I needed to change my monsoon speakers and have new wiring put in if I change the headunit. Something about them being 2 ohms? Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
droop17 said:
I was just told I needed to change my monsoon speakers and have new wiring put in if I change the headunit. Something about them being 2 ohms? Is there any truth to this?
No.

Ihave a Clarion HU with the Monsoon amp and speakers. Prior to this, I had a Kenwood HU with the Monsoon setup.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Aftermarkrt HU with monsoon

You know, that's funny.

I had the same issues with replacing the HU on a monsoon system. I called all around and everyone told me something slightly different. One place also told me I had to rewire all the speakers cause of the monsoon amp. I finally called the company that made the harness and it was all good. So installed it and no problems at all. That one place told me my speakers wouldn't even turn on, they were wrong. Therefore, bottomline, I installed aftermarket HU with Monsoon system and no problems, straight install.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, an antenna adapter is needed, and you will need to purchase the powered one (Metra 40-EU55) if you want to get any AM reception at all. I bought the non-powered one, and it is fine for FM in a metropolitan area, but I get absolutely no AM signal at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts