Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this so be easy on me.
I have a new 2007 2.0T with the #2 lux package and would like to share my concerns.
I have no glove box light, it does not indicate what gear it's in and on smooth blacktop it sounds like a pickup truck with knobbly tires. Am I expecting to much from a $30,000.00 car? What are your thoughs?

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and get it checked out. The initial 12 month/12K mile warranty even covers replacement of light bulbs and headlight alignment.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The glove box light was deleted after 2006, the soft touch plastics were being phased out as well as the cooled center console. The ride noise may be normal or not, I know with the 06 I had for awhile, it was a bit noisy than my 03. Also the all the chrome is plastic as opposed to the real thing in the B5.5s and B5s. The gear indicator thing is covered under warranty as mentioned before. When you say it does not say what gear it is it, do you mean via the gear shift plate or the center dash info display panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean the center dash display. It tells me the selector position but not which gear I'm in unless I select the triptronic. My dealer has cured the tire noise by changing the Michelins for Continentals

·
Registered
897 Posts
That sounds like another trip to the dealer. But its all covered under warranty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
...It tells me the selector position but not which gear I'm in unless I select the triptronic. My dealer has cured the tire noise by changing the Michelins for Continentals
If you mean that the center display tells you that your in "D" but not which gear, that is perfectly normal. The gear indicator only becomes active when you switch to tiptronic mode, at least that is how it is on my 2003 and on the 2007 Variant I test drove this weekend.

Shawn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't know about 2007's, but on my 2006 2.0T, I have always had the auto tranny gear selection displayed at the bottom of the MFD - it is one of the nice features that I always refer to - even in normal auto driving, no need to use the Tip to view the gear selected at any time. Rennfaire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2006 2.0T. The MFD tells me exactly what gear I'm in at the bottom of the display at either 'D' or 'S' mode. The gear is on the bottom right side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gear indication

Thanks for the info. Can anybody tell me if the gear indicator can be turned on via the vag-com software.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts