Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys see these yet? Finally Column mount guage pods. From the Autometer Website:

Volkswagon Passat 99-03
FITS OVER STEERING COLUMN. FOR USE WITH AUTO METER 2 1/16" GUAGES
DUAL POD:20022
SINGLE POD: 20021

Anyone got one yet? And also why not 98's? Was there a big difference between the 98 Columns vs 99+ Columns? Anyone. I have a 98 :mad: !

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you look at 20846 and 20847?
Those are A-Piller Mounts. The one's I'm talking about is new Steering Column mounts. Just trying to get a feel to see which mounting option I want to use but can't seem to find a picture of the new Steering Column one.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Summit racing website says should ship by april 4. So they aren't available yet.

Pete

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Something to consider:

One of the things I don't like about the column pods is that it dramatically shifts your focus. A-pillar pods and center console panels all have about the same focus point as the dash gauges - but the column pods have the gauges so close to you that your eyes (well, MY eyes anyway) take a bit of time to focus - then you have to re-focus when looking back at the road. I prefer to be able to glance at my gauges w/o refocusing.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Something to consider:

One of the things I don't like about the column pods is that it dramatically shifts your focus. A-pillar pods and center console panels all have about the same focus point as the dash gauges - but the column pods have the gauges so close to you that your eyes (well, MY eyes anyway) take a bit of time to focus - then you have to re-focus when looking back at the road. I prefer to be able to glance at my gauges w/o refocusing.

Good point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts