Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am new to this forum site and was hoping to introduce myself in a good manor!

Below I have some pictures of my 2002 Passat B5.5.

Installs:

Exterior:
Orange LED's City Light
6000k HID Fog Lights
6000K HID Low Beam
35% Tint Rear's
Euro Style (Stubby) Black Mirror Caps
LED License Plate Lights
Votex Rep Side Skirts
Votex Rear Valance
Rieger Front Valance
Fully Shaved Rear Trunk
Shaved/Molded Front Bumper
Black Trim Tape
Exclusive Edition Blinker Caps
R36 Style Grille
"Sharon" Style Antenna
Thor Skid Plate

Interior:
Custom Climate Control Trim
Cargo Net
Flannel Rear View Mirror
Audi B5 S4 3 Spoke Wheel
VDO Boost Gauge, Water Temp, Voltage Meter, Oil Temp. Color Match LED
AVS 9 Button Switch Box
AVS Air Gauge
Kenwood KDC-BT945u
Beetle Headrests
Black Shift Boot
Euro Switch

Suspension:
Airbaggit Front Struts
Air House 2 Rears
5 Gal. Tank Polished
Hidden SMC Valves
480 Viar Compressor

Wheels:
18x9 Speedline Alessio
Nankang 205/40/18's

Mechanical:
Stern Adjustable Control Arms
Ra4 Stage +1 Clutch
Forge Splitter

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
First off, hello. Secondly, car looks clean. Thirdly, I wouldn't do 18" wheels unless you plan on changing the suspension to sit lower (not a ton, maybe 1.5" down) unless you want your car to become a monster truck. I put 18's on before I did my suspension (wayyy back :p) and I never, ever, will suggest it to anyone. I suggest 17" wheels on stock suspension. They look just fine and don't really change the height and ride comfort.

Where are you in NH? I graduated from Keene State College this May and there's a few guys up in the area, so you're not alone. Some good guys there (ex. Nesho).

Hope to see some modding happening and may your Passat treat you as well as mine has.:thumbup:

Kevin

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, my main objective is to get rid of all the rubber that shows on the side wall with out it being that low to the ground, I mean I don't want to go out and buy expensive suspension :p .

I live near the concord area I'm still in college so money is a little tight as always haha.

Yeah, I had recently bought this in May for 5K from the previous owner with 123K... not to shabby. Non smoker, never used in the winter, I mean the control arms are like new! But it's my first stick and I'm loving it,

What about yourself?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome, where near concord are you? If you see this one wave :)

Ohh most def dude, I don't think I could miss a car like that! Looks awesome. Is that taken on the bridge in RI?? Near Goat Island?

I'm in Boscawen... Super small town 20min back way to concord and 10min HWY

Where are you?

·
9,018 Posts
You'll get thru it. I did it. Got my B.S. in Geology, and am working toward Gemology. Hopefully I'll land my dream job soon. Just keep your head up. College is still very important and doing well puts you miles ahead of the people who just make it by. And, in this economy, that's something to strive for. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll get thru it. I did it. Got my B.S. in Geology, and am working toward Gemology. Hopefully I'll land my dream job soon. Just keep your head up. College is still very important and doing well puts you miles ahead of the people who just make it by. And, in this economy, that's something to strive for. :thumbup:
Very Very true, Good luck man:flag:

·
Thinks He is Slick
4,483 Posts
I'm in Laconia and yes its taken in RI. There is GTG in Concord every other monday and in Tilton every other monday that's not same as Concord.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Laconia and yes its taken in RI. There is GTG in Concord every other monday and in Tilton every other monday that's not same as Concord.
Niice. I've been on that bridge as well, Nice stuff.. I feel dumb haha, what is GTG? :crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gahhd dang it, I seriously just looked at the initials and though.. get to gether? and look at your comment... haha, man oh man, thats awesome, what usually happens at these?

·
9,018 Posts
I only capitalized so you could see the GTG in it. What usually happens is hanging out, stories, work (if needed), and a general good time.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Niice deal, how do you guys usually organize this... like do you like meet up at a bar or do lunch? (Sorry for the Q's I feel dumb haha :D)

·
9,018 Posts
I've never gone to the one in NH, but usually for the one's in CT, we just send out PM's for invites and send an address. It's your duty to show up on said date. lol

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see I see, that's easy enough we should try an organize somthin' if you're interested? Get some others if we can?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah... I just saw that haha, That is a little to far for me at this time cuz of work and school haha, but Yeah I will wana do something small like a drive or something

·
9,018 Posts
Well, in October, they usually have Haunt Jaunt which goes up to the Kangamangus Pass and back to Portsmouth. Usually right around Halloween, so hopefully it'll be on again.

1 - 20 of 291 Posts