Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is James & I'm from Shirley on Long Island. I have 3 high mileage cars, 1) 01' Blazer 4x4, (2) 00' passat V6 GLX, & (3) 99' Maxima SE. If I sell all 3 cars I still wouldn't be buying a used car that needs some work & I do not want to finance & have payments. My choice is to sell or part out my Blazer for parts $ & also 1 of the cars. Just having such a hard choice between the 2. I will be doing 90% of the wrenching & I know the Maxima is easy to work on. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been told Passats r a pain in the ass. Also performance is major for me. I want a great suspension set up to handle awesome & have great power. With the Maximas I know dropping in a 3.5 is very doable & most Max guys r doing it plus turbos or super chargers. Even swapping 5 spd. for a 6spd. is doable x& been done often. I don't know if newer passat engines like the 06' VR6 can be dropped in as easy & cheap as Max. 3.0 to 3.5 conversion. Also from what I've read there isn't to much to be done with my 30V V6 besides charger & maybe turbo. That's my biggest hold up on the passat. As far as suspension components it looks like passat is hands down the winner as ECT Tuning has plenty of choices alone. Last major thing now that I'm thinking of ot is my tiptronic. How good a tranny is it? Can it handle a lot of power(torque) or can it be upgraded to handle the power or would I really need the manual transaxle? Is it as fun as a stick or close to? My wife always drove it & when I did it was with her & she NEVER let me manually shift cause I'd end up breaking it. Would love to hear from any & all of u if u have the time to read all this mess. Thank u

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Noob Tube is for you to practice posting. Most members do not survey new entries in noob tube.

That said, welcome!

:wrench:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Keith now it makes sense. Got to be honest my feelings was hurt. Well I'm full blown on my passat n will be selling the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts