Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my local shop today found out these headlights will eventually become available sometime soon. I love the round shape design. As a B5er I know what everyone will ask, a “GB”, the shop said it is possible but they need to wait for the official pricing so that they can hold a “GB”. Somehow is a benefit for the Canadian buyers because the brokerage/custom fees are a killer.

My local shop is:
www.concept1.ca

New for B5....

New for B5.5....

Similar to other brand.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmmmm...looks very, very interesting! :thumbup:

I see they also come in chrome or black...nice! Bonus...angel eyes too! I wonder if they are HID or projector only...

Hey Cullen...cancel my order! :lol:

It will be interesting to see pricing and quality.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hateshondas said:
wait....i dont see angel eyes for the b5, only the .5's
It looks like the catalog has the words "ANGEL EYES" on both pages, no? :???:

This will be awesome. I would rather have these over HIDs any day, and if they are HIDs, then they are that much better!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S_Klass said:
Bleser, nope. Looks like AE for the 5.5 only.
OK. Just want to clarify what I’ve seen today.

There are two models for the B5, one is round shape Angel Eyes and other is the ordinary projector style. One new Angel Eyes model for the B5.5. According to the shop said to me it is not likely a Xenon or a Bi-Xenon model.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
You silly ricers... :lol:

But its Euro!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
mmm..... Angel eyes... now my dream of a beamer look-alike lamps shall come to fruition. have you seen if the beam pattern is improved over the current B5 DOT-approved lamps that are OEM? I was told the oem european beam pattern is a marked improvement from what we get on this side of the pond.... :sad:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Interesting that they list "black" and "chrome" as options. I wonder if you'll be able to buy factory Joey-modded lights.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts