Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may belong to another forum but I'm posting here
check this out http://reviews.cnet.com/TomTom_GO/4505-3490_7-30960607-2.html?tag=top

For $700. Sounds tempting
TomTom, makers of navigation software for PDA-based GPS devices, has made the move into the vehicle GPS arena with its $899 TomTom GO all-in-one navigator. It's a good move. In fact, we're hard-pressed to find anything we don't like about this cool-looking device. Our one caveat: Be prepared to use the GO forever. Once you've installed the mounting base, you're stuck with it--literally.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:D check out one of the review:
"Won't Catch Me With One"
Flower Child on 25-Jul-2004 10:44:17 AM
Pros: It's a wonderful invention at first glance. Ease of navigation, ease of use, good value, good reliability, etc. make it very appealing. I can see why everyone would want to own one.
Cons: But, there is something that most people do not realize. GPS units work by tracking sattelites owned by the U.S. government. The sattelites then also know where you are. Ever wonder how OnStar can always figure out where you left your vehicle? They're tracking you. Read the Bible. Gov't tracking of civilians is a dangerous road to travel. Learn to use a map and forgo this invention.
:crazy: :poke:

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
veedubyo said:
:D check out one of the review:
"Won't Catch Me With One"
Flower Child on 25-Jul-2004 10:44:17 AM
Pros: It's a wonderful invention at first glance. Ease of navigation, ease of use, good value, good reliability, etc. make it very appealing. I can see why everyone would want to own one.
Cons: But, there is something that most people do not realize. GPS units work by tracking sattelites owned by the U.S. government. The sattelites then also know where you are. Ever wonder how OnStar can always figure out where you left your vehicle? They're tracking you. Read the Bible. Gov't tracking of civilians is a dangerous road to travel. Learn to use a map and forgo this invention.
:crazy: :poke:
WTF????? :suspicio:

I think somone forgot their aluminum foil hat. wow.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm no fan of having the gov't or private industry track my every move, but perhaps Flower Child should read up on "How GPS Receivers Work". :lol:

Actually, it's a pretty neat article.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.