Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys here's the deal.

The car goes in the shop to get a new color. Its currently the dark green, and Im undecided what color to go with.

Couple I've had in mind was, another shade of dark green, some type of midnight blue, or just black...

Any ideas and PICTURES would help :)

Thanks,

-Az-

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've given this some thought before:

For looks: Black is tops, in my oppinion, but the biggest bitch to keep clean.

For practicality: Some shade of light grey, or Silver.

What ever you decide, consider painting the lowers to match!!! Then post pics in the showroom. Look in the showroom for pics of some HOT HOT black Passats.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
imo, if you want your car to really stand out, then get an exotic color.

like previously said, black cars would give the best gloss, but a pita to keep clean.

reflex silver is nice in that it's hard to see that it's dirty and hides water spots fairly well.

personally, i love white though. just something very nice about the color.

blue i've found to be very nice, like the one on the a3, or the jetta.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Porsche Seal Gray looks good on A4's and B5 Passats.
Silverstone (aka United Grey) is a good oem color (Stonehenge, too).
Pine Green (B5.5 color - dropped 2002 or 2003).
Northern Green is nice too.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Dont want to throw water on your idea, but some folks assume a freshly painted car (especially one less than 10 years old) may have been wrecked. If you're keeping your car a long time, you probably don't care (I wouldn't). But it is a question you'd likely be hit with at resell or trade time, so you'd want to be ready with a good answer. A careful eye can always spot a repainted car (even a factory color).

I'd stick with the original color, unless you are painting all the nooks and crannies (door jams, etc.). Then I'd paint it whatever you want (I personally have a black one, and would not change my color, and it's not that hard to keep clean).

Again, not criticizing your idea to repaint - just wanted to point out that one possible gotcha. If it were me, I wouldn't care what anyone thought and just do it, but then again I keep cars a very long time so I'm not worried about resell.

Good luck with whatever color you choose.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
If you can do something along the lines of QS without copying, that'd be awesome.
Otherwise, fresco green! :p (I may be a touch biased)
Dark Blue is a great color for the bassat as well, as is black, but black needs way too much care.
Actually, white looks pretty nice on a B5.5. i saw a white W8 a while back, hot!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Grey car with the top painted black. someone on here has it like that and it looks amazing. I agree keeping a black car clean is a PITA but hey..you will just have to keep your roof clean. nobody looks at your roof too much :)

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
THIS color:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Black Magic, i love my car, just had to get it repainted after someone keys it twice, other than that maybe fjordge blue or what ever it is.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
whoa. that thing looks badass......
has a very fierce look to the car's face. (i think i fell in love)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts