Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first-time VW owner here, 👋

So I recently bought a ‘17 Passat 1.8T R-Line, want to do a few things to it over time and was wondering what to stay away from.
I just wanted to add a BOV, coilovers, cat back exhaust, and change the wheel/tire fit to make it more flush. TCU chip or something but I know next to nothing about tuning, research is needed. 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 17 R-Line. have you been able to finish much of this work, having new car itch that I need to do something...just looking for ideas, hoping for LED headlamps to replace the poor halogens on currently.

·
Registered
2017 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T S
25 Posts
Ever get any help here? I have a 17 1.8 SEL
If you want your transmission to last for a really long time, you might not want to tune the car. The automatic transmissions are only rated for so much horse power and torque. You might also have to get different spark plugs and run a higher octane of gas. Lot's of crap to think about. You could probably get away with a stage 1 and change your ATF more frequently. However stage 2 and up, your tranny will probably take a dump. If it was my daily, I would leave it stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts