Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been gleeming a lot of knowledge from all the posters here, so thanks first and foremost. Second, all the stuff that looked easy is hard as hell for a noob, but I am learning. I got a free b6, it needed a timing belt, axles, and very minor stuff. First thing I did aside from basic maintenance and engine, is restore the interior and started updating stereo, ac knobs, european console, headlights and plasti dip front grill/blackout all fuaxchrome. farfeghnuggen, is correct, very fun car especially on cold days. I want to do a couple of projects, would love your opinions on.
engine- dont want to spend a ton but thought about a combo of, cold air intake+chip+ whatever i need to make work right-not racing(except friends who have new nice cars)
exhaust- only want to get something that will work well with the idea above, not into a loud sound, a little noise is fine, but rice rockets and such-im 40
rims- i was leaning 18 so that no mods have to be made and easy bolt on, open to cheap suggestions.
Not trying to break the bank but want to make mods that will make the car as tight as possible, without to much money.

Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
For an exhaust I would reccomend TT. louder than stock but quiet enough for DD. Nice deep sound and great build quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its nice! where are some places to look for them at and any sites to buy. Not to be cheap, but I am, and I dont want to put too much money in a car. Do want to upgrade some things, but its an 06.

·
Registered
77 Posts
First of all, congrats on aquiring your new ride!

I think the biggest bang for the buck is a nice set of wheels....really changes the look of the car. 16" tires are getting harder to find with 17s becoming more common and 18s doable.....

Post some pics so we can share in your happiness!

;)

JP

PS...be sure to check your HPFP cam follower (every 10-20 thou), waterpump, and timing related sensors. one other minor valve is the fuel tank vent/purge valve...when they go, the car is hard to start after fill ups. Cam chain tensioners have been known to let go with everything from minor to serious issues. other than that, for us, it has just been regular maintenance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have 17s on mine. Changed from 235/45s to 225/50s so as to have a larger sidewall, I drive too many rougher back roads where we live. I am anticipating a change in lighting since the "low beams" seem abysmal on country roads. (We have a MY07) I need to update the Can Bus Gateway because of battery drain. To do this I need vcds...look into getting vcds if you are going to do anything like you have mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts