Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long term Passat fan that has just gotten the opportunity to get my next edition of what is turning out to be my favorite vehicle. So I am starting this as a build up thread to show my progress as I familiarize myself with this new to me platform.
In my life I have been blessed to have gotten overseas and have owned a b1 round eye Passat, a b2 wagon euro version, a b2 US version (aka The Quantum), a B3 synchro, a b4 vr6 glx, a b5 1.8t wagon, a b5.5 1.8t sedan, and now my b6 2.0t sedan. I have a few more to go, but I know I will get there eventually.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just added to the Passat this week. Nothing special, but I am proud of the work I did. I do need to work on my carpeting skills. I may even redo it sometime in the future.
WP_000236.jpg
WP_000237.jpg
That is a Kicker L7 15" sub in a custom 3.5cf box tuned to 35Hz. Rattles like crazy right now, but I have some dynamat like sound deadener on order to take care of that.
Next step is to do a set of coilovers and tint the windows. Nothing too drastic. I think 2 inches lower would be perfect. A nice set of wheels are in the not so distant future too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished up on the next stage. I got the windows tinted. I also got a little creative. I don't have the money to get a good set of coilovers yet, so I got down and dirty this afternoon in the driveway... in the rain... LOL. The kit is a H&R Race spring for a MKV Jetta. Passat didn't get this option. It gave me a good 2 inch square drop. Each corner is evenly dropped. I couldn't pass up the $75 price. I have to say, for doing this job for the first time on this generation of a Volkswagen, its not that easy. I had to fabricate a tool and call H&R for install tips. I don't get to test drive it till tomorrow, but I expect it to ride like a Panzer. The jetta was a bit stiff riding with this race spring, so I am expecting the worse. Still has to be better than cut springs. If I don't like the ride, I still have the stock springs in the garage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
H&R springs are awesome. I expected a harsh and unforgivable ride,, but these progressive rate springs are wonderful. I installed a strut mount wrong so I have to reinstall it , but everything else is great. The ride is tight and responsive without being bouncy or harsh. I think the extra weight the B6 makes the ride better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered my wheels. Its a nice looking set of BBS RS-GT reps. I will upload some pics when they are on. Strut mount turned out to be a bad strut bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts