Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I recently purchased a 1999 passat variant with 32k on it. Silver w/black leather and 1.8t tip. I traded a '97 mercedes c230!! I'm excited to be a member of such an informative site,I've learned alot!! Since the purchase, I've changed the oil, plugs, wash, wax and bought the new south pod/vdo guage and a tt dv!! My next step is to chip it, but I have a dilema. Can't figure out which one?? I've read alot about it and have narrowed it to two..... apr or upsolute??? Reason is that there's an UP rep here in Tampa and the APR rep is in Sarasota. The price diff is around $100. Ny feedback on these two??? It seems from avg dyno #'S that the APR has a liitle more power. True??? Any feedback would be VERY helpful.

Thank You,

CHRIS :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have the Upsolute chip and love it, although it is only a 0.9BAR 91 octane program. I would rather have had a 1.1BAR program. Although the upsolute is very drivable :thumbup:

Welcome to the club :thumbup:

I have the same gauge and pod as you, it's amazing, once you chip it you'll freak when you see the thing spiking to 15psi.... or 20... up to you.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Welcome. I see that you joined us over on www.sflb5.com as well. Nice to see another South Eastern member.

Personally I have an APR 91 and 100 octane chip for my '98 1.8T. I love it. Lots of low end torque and the power is just wonderful. There are a few members in your area that have weekly and, or monthly gtg's. Id talk to Nikoz1200 (Nick) as he lives in Clearwater.

Glad that you are enjoying the car already.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.