Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for looks. Visability is fine for me as is. I saw some HID look a likes for sale here for AU$400 which is just over US$300, but I am not sure if they come with corners or not. Do you know where I can buy them online?

Any other headlight options out there?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Are there any bulbs that you can safely use on the HID look-alikes that will come the closest to looking like actual HID's (bright bluish/purplish tinted light)?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a set of OEM HIDs for sale. I also have a set of clear corners to go with it. I can sell you both for well under a grand. Look at my post in the classifieds section. There are some pics and the price. PM me if you have any questions or offers.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
PapaPrem said:
Are there any bulbs that you can safely use on the HID look-alikes that will come the closest to looking like actual HID's (bright bluish/purplish tinted light)?
The hoens have exact HID color, though they are not quite as bright. If you want the Xenon Plus that I have, you need to use the upgraded connectors (19 dollars, and about 2 dollars in radio shack parts) it took me about an hour to install the new connectors, but I didn't have the right tools to crimp the connectors onto the wires. Here is a picture:

I have some other pictures somewhere too I think, PM me for more.

If your not looking to upgrade your wiring, go with the Hoen Titaniums (only 70 watts, but stock b5 wiring should be fine with them) or the Sylvania Silverstars (Really not comparable in color to the hoens, but they are a little whiter than stocks)

www.hoen-usa.com for information on Hoen

www.powerbulbs.com for information on Osram/Sylvania Silverstars

·
Registered
298 Posts
VWPassatGLX155, excellent advice! :thumbup: Thank you very much for the info. How do the Hoen bulbs differ from the Xenon Plus? Is their a dramatic difference in the brightness? Also, does the Xenon Plus have that bluish HID color? Lastly, are the stock bulb/lights brighter then the Hoen ones that you suggested (Hoen Titanium 70 watts)?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Even if you go with the 70 watt Hoen Titanium, I would still consider upgrading your harness, just to be on the safe side. Even a 70 watt bulb can do some melting..and I have heard they look pretty cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Barnacle-Billy
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing