Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No more worries of people stealing the 'whip' now... :wink:

The original part that was being replaced...

Happy Valentine's Day to all your B5/B5.5 owners with your Ride! :wink:

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
That's very MBZ looking or even BMW-ish. How is reception though?

Oh wait... SG is so tiny of course reception is great! :lol:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've been looking for just a black box I've seen on some cars, but that just maybe GPS or something else...do those little shits work?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Where do you get it, installation, looks like a pretty involved mod because you have to remove the headliner to change out the antenna base...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
S_Klass said:
That's very MBZ looking or even BMW-ish. How is reception though?

Oh wait... SG is so tiny of course reception is great! :lol:
I beg to differ! Its VW k? :mad:

MB and BM is nowhere near, neither is Saab! Thats what I call INDIVIDUALISTIC! 8)

I'm not sure if its installation problem but certain areas, the receiption is VERY bad, sounds as if I'm in a basement!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
natskiboy said:
is that functional?
Hey! This is NOT a cosmetic product, its the original antenna to be seen on Golf V! I don't have the part number with me...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TX-B5.5 said:
That looks good
More info :poke:
Will try to provide the part number...

Basically, its the antenna mast replacement for our stock mast. There's a screw to be tightened from below and its a direct fit for our current because its a VW part afterall...

Reason I like it is because there's no whip. Here in Singapore, you get clowns who will still anything from a VW - even the badge, trust me!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shadybaby said:
Where do you get it, installation, looks like a pretty involved mod because you have to remove the headliner to change out the antenna base...
Remove the 2 handle bars on both passenger side, the two clips on the top of the windscreen and remove all screws, the liner will be loosened. Remove that to expose the top hood and you can access your antenna mast... just replace it but from the connectors provided, sold cutting and re-connecting to the FM antenna cabling is required...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeattleReign said:
That's a pretty sweet antenna. Did the dealer get that for you or what? How long did the mod take?
Yeap, told my local VW distributor I wanted the Golf V antenna and paid for it. Installer did it, at the same time we tried to get the new mirrors up, think all in all, 15 minutes?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have one of the new GLX with OnStar would this mod work??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gig103 said:
I have one of the new GLX with OnStar would this mod work??
What's OnStar? :???:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts