Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is that a 32mm hex on the oil filter ?? The manual says 5W-30 or 5W-40.. I thought the turbos always took 5W-40 ? Is the Castrol still the best choice ? Thanks !

·
Administrator
23,303 Posts
What are you talking about? The title clearly says 2016

·
Registered
28 Posts
congrats on the new car! It's a great time of the year to buy. all the dealers around here are doing 0% interest on most VWs.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't hear about that but I'm sure they will contact me if its a recall.

I'm still trying to figure out all the new features on this car - it has so many.

Still wondering abt the oil viscosity. I thought Turbos needed 40 weight but the manual says 5w-30 or 5w-40. Any recommendations ? Maybe use Mobil 0W-40 ?

did get 0% interest. Also opted for 6 year, 85K warranty b-to-b.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still wondering abt the oil viscosity. I thought Turbos needed 40 weight but the manual says 5w-30 or 5w-40. Any recommendations ? Maybe use Mobil 0W-40 ?
For what it's worth, I've been using M1 0w-40 in mine...good oil, readily available, meets VW 502 standard, and Walmart sells it in 5qt. jugs for about $25.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I used in my Mercedes - and was getting it at Walmart as you say at a great price.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Didn't hear about that but I'm sure they will contact me if its a recall.

I'm still trying to figure out all the new features on this car - it has so many.

did get 0% interest. Also opted for 6 year, 85K warranty b-to-b.
Great choice--Great car--Good job!

We have the same b to b Warranty at least ours is the same on the coverage time and mileage...why don't you have the stealership do the work ?? Free is a very good price....plus they have the right oil and are certified to do the work...just wondering.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not sure why oil started to get talked about, but all 1.8Ts, 2.0Ts, 2.5s, and VR6s are recommended to run 5W/40 synthetic.

I absolutely love the facelift, they got it totally right. Beautiful car, congrats!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts