Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but my folks bought me one for Christmas, how could I saw no? Woulda liked a M3 more but dad works for Honda so all the DSMs got one.

This is Hondas newest thing, HPI their performance thing.

Not a big RC guy and have no idea where to take this thing but it's sure zippy in my driveway

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (jwilker)

LOL, cool...

but is Honda out of ideas for names? RS4, come on!!

edit: maybe it's "RSY"--pronounced "ricey"

<![CDATA[LOL, cool...

[Modified by ashman78, 3:34 PM 1/19/2003]

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

You'd better ease up on the grill tape - you don't want that baby to overheat!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (ashman78)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>LOL, cool...

[Modified by ashman78, 3:34 PM 1/19/2003]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the model of the rc car is RS4..its made by HPI and is 4wd. I have an RS4 rally and it kicks ass!
http://www.hpiracing.com
-or-
http://www.towerhobbies.com

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (Espaz11)

You need a coffee can muffler and neon.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (Espaz11)

That it does! Man it's been so long since I drove an RC car and never one like this. Jeesh

It would rock if they offered a B5 Or R32 or VW racing car of some sort.

<![CDATA[That it does! Man it's been so long since I drove an RC car and never one like this. Jeesh

It would rock if they offered a B5 Or R32 or VW racing car of some sort.

[Modified by jwilker, 7:42 PM 1/19/2003]

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Hehe....I used to be big into RC, raced for close 13 years. Nationals, regionals, attended almost every type of race and almost every class. It's amazing how much you can spend in that "hobby". I quote hobby because at the level I was at, most people didn't treat it like a hobby, rather it was real racing and tempers flared when someone screwed up. I still race occasionally at http://www.southshorehobby.com, on their very large indoor carpet track. If any of you are near there and are interested, check it out! Tell benny that Tiny Tim sent you...
Seriously though, the RS4 is a R/C Touring car produced by Hobby Products International (HPI). They essentially created the high performance touring car scene with the original RS4. Now the car is onto it's 4th iteration. Okay, if you made it this far without
I'm impressed....
This post just made me reminisce....

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (1Point8T)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Your first mod should be a Type R sticker!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah.... and wtf...No Gigantic Wing?!

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (Der Meister)

Gotta love the simulated cross-drilled brakes!

What kind of motor did they stick in that thing? A generic 540-sized motor, or did they give you something decent? (Used to be into r/c cars, lost interest when I got my driver's license 13 years ago...
)

<![CDATA[Gotta love the simulated cross-drilled brakes!

What kind of motor did they stick in that thing? A generic 540-sized motor, or did they give you something decent? (Used to be into r/c cars, lost interest when I got my driver's license 13 years ago...
)

[Modified by ajchenmph, 5:54 PM 1/21/2003]

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (ajchenmph)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Gotta love the simulated cross-drilled brakes!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. you know it, just like a real civic LOL (Sorry couldn't resist, Civic peeps don't hurt me)

Couldn't tell ya what kind of engine.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (sentraSR20)

hey sentra, ever compete against some idiot named Joel Johnson???
I did and DAAAYUM he's good! I used to race against him quite a bit when he was still competitive and living in Campbell, CA. He helped get our club, RCCAR on it's feet. It didn't matter what you gave the guy to drive, he could take it and kick your butt with it. Get this, he used to own a Black GTI as well with Ronal "turbo" wheels and an oldstyle adjustable muffler out back. Lowered of course. You probably raced against him in the Cincinati, OH 1/12th biggie. That's a carpet track!

I raced him on alphalt with my Kyosho Super 10 - he had the "back then" prototype Losi sedan. Also tried my hand on the Tamiya parking lot series at Sheldon's Hobbies in San Jose, CA. The coolest races were the 1/8 scale 4WD buggies; talk about big air!!! Then we also did some 1/10th scale .15cc motoring; I think he had a Serpent Impact 10. I started with a BMT but eventually got the impact but damn, he's quick with that machine and I mean a LOT quicker!!!

None of these races were national races however, just more for "fun" and tune-up races for wherever he was going to go (SoCal, Ohio, Japan, Europe, etc.).

It's always great to watch, race and even get beat by a pro! Classy guy; he now lives in NJ

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Never thought I'd own another Civic.... (ajchenmph)

no mine is elect. I think the bigger ones are gas. Mine is 1/18th.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts

damn, it's about the same size as a civic too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts