Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so - newest issue with my Passat. 5spd manual, 1.8t.
Ran and drove great a few days ago, parked it, went to start it and nothing...

No crank, also no door chime??? Door open, headlights on - no chime..
All fuses check out, battery is good, alternator is good. What do I check next?

·
Registered
27,226 Posts
Door switch probably needs to be repaired. There should be a writeup in the Info Forum. For the no-crank, I would start with the clutch switch. You can bypass a relay to check it, but I forget which one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out.
Damaged light in the passenger door panel was shorting the CCM fuse.💆🏽‍♂️ Pulled the light and all is good! Back in business.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,285 Posts
Figured it out.
Damaged light in the passenger door panel was shorting the CCM fuse.💆🏽‍♂️ Pulled the light and all is good! Back in business.
So, you missed a fuse. #14?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never ending saga? What else ya got?
Constant failed window regulators (my fault for using cheap parts) Just ordered some quality ones. Wiring issues, ecu replacement, suspension components, plugged pcv, bad gaskets, failed tensioners just a ton of little things. The car was neglected, I’m trying to save it! Lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh, I totally get it. I have bought and refurbished at least a dozen B5.5s over the years and either give them to friends/family members or resell them. My current project has 147k miles on it and was also neglected. I have already put about 30 hours into it along with many, many parts.

These are quality cars and most of the time are worth the effort. Hate electrical problems though. A few years back, my daughter's developed an issue of the EPC light coming on and losing power (limp mode?). Never did figure it out, eventually went to the junkyard. Good luck with yours! Keep posting, everyone here is interested in helping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, I totally get it. I have bought and refurbished at least a dozen B5.5s over the years and either give them to friends/family members or resell them. My current project has 147k miles on it and was also neglected. I have already put about 30 hours into it along with many, many parts.

These are quality cars and most of the time are worth the effort. Hate electrical problems though. A few years back, my daughter's developed an issue of the EPC light coming on and losing power (limp mode?). Never did figure it out, eventually went to the junkyard. Good luck with yours! Keep posting, everyone here is interested in helping.
i bought mine with 110k on it, it’s a 2000. It sat for roughly 4 years by the time I picked it up from a coworker.. It’s knocking on the door of 121k now. It sat due to him leaving the cover off the ECU and frying it, as well as a few leaks. So far it’s road worthy, and we drive it almost daily. I hope to restore it to its former glory.

·
Registered
27,226 Posts
Sitting for 4 years is one of the bigger problems, at least the mileage is good.

Reactions: axenstar
1 - 13 of 13 Posts