Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering why most go for the Neuspeed rear sway bar over the lighter hollow Autotech sway bar :???: . Having less weight would be a good thing.
Does the Autotech just bolt on without any drilling?

·
Banned
373 Posts
Warped said:
Wondering why most go for the Neuspeed rear sway bar over the lighter hollow Autotech sway bar :???: . Having less weight would be a good thing.
Does the Autotech just bolt on without any drilling?
The Autotech sway requires the drilling of a total of 2 holes. With a cobalt bit and a variable speed drill, I popped those out in 25 minutes. And that was only because I gradually increased the size of the bits through something like 5 increments.

I can't speak for the Neuspeed but when I compare the Autotech install to something like new springs and shocks or installing my Votex fogs, this is not rocket science.

Joe

·
Registered
302 Posts
Neuspeed is better. Dont drill if you dont have to! Might cause new problems!

I ordered my neuspeed front sway bar, now i am just waiting for it! :wink:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
djskribble705 said:
Neuspeed is better. Dont drill if you dont have to! Might cause new problems!

I ordered my neuspeed front sway bar, now i am just waiting for it! :wink:
How do you know you do not have one :???:

·
Registered
446 Posts
i have the P&P rear sway, and you have to drill some holes, but it works amazingly, but i cant say anything about the autotech/neuspeed one, never used it..

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was leaning towards the Autotech Hollow Bars for my B5.5 but didn't want to drill and had heard that the Autotech bar were prone to have noise issues. I can't confirm that this true but didn't want to risk it. All in all though, I agree, lighter is better. The Neuspeed rear bar must weigh 30 lbs. or so.

·
Banned
373 Posts
ksdesq said:
I was leaning towards the Autotech Hollow Bars for my B5.5 but didn't want to drill and had heard that the Autotech bar were prone to have noise issues. I can't confirm that this true but didn't want to risk it. All in all though, I agree, lighter is better. The Neuspeed rear bar must weigh 30 lbs. or so.
The weight, IMHO, is negligible and doesn't make that much of a difference. These aren't F1 cars we are talking about here where grams come into play. As for noise from the Autotech, not a whisper in the 3 months I have had it on. On the drilling <shrug>, your guess is as good as mine. I really don't think a 10 mm round hole or the stresses placed on the axlebeam as a result of bolting the bar to those holes will make a difference. To each their own...

Joe

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Autotech lightweight front and rear! (In a B5) :bow:

Front is noticably beefier than stock, but seemed to weigh the same - I was so eager to put it in and drive that I didn't bother to weigh it!.
(The front is a direct replacement for the stock bar.)

Rear was an easy install.

I used silicone spray lube on all the bushings and haven't had any noise issues after 2 years! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
everyone is going to tell you somthing different...pros & cons but thats what you want.

i snagged an Autotech RSB used off here & have been happy every since!!

haha this thread is 6 years old, thats one hell of a bump!!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts