Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the neuspeed sport springs. I know it's necessary for an alignment afterward. Can you only adjust the tow on the passat? Is there a camber and candor adjustment for it?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Although I haven't done this myself yet, I hear you need an alignment, but I would be very judgemental in choosing my alignment shop. Also, there's a camber kit available from k-mac for a little over 200 at shox.com

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
You want to do an alignment 1 week after ANY lowering spring job. :)

IIRC, all 3 are adjustable on the passat front and only 1 on the rear.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
rear doesn't have camber, and be sure to wait for the springs to settle before getting alignment. Some say wait 1 week, I waited 3 or 4 weeks. You most likely won't need a camber kit, only heard of one person having a camber problem with his :b5: after changing springs. My car was still within spec's and I too used the neuspeed sport springs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I've been a bit unsure if I wanted to go with the neuspeed or the handr's. I gotta call the dealership and see if there ever is suspension problems,if they'll still honor the warranty with the neuspeed since that's what they use from the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts