Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these? How are they compared to the Eibach Pro Kit? What shocks would work well with the Neuspeed springs? TIA.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Might want to head to the GB forum and read in the GB for Neuspeed Springs. Over 50 new Neuspeed spring owners may be able to help you out.

The Sofsport will have your car sitting slightly taller than Eibachs at a real drop height of (0.95 to 1.05 inches). The ride is excellent, very comparable to stock when scooting around town due to progressive spring rates. Drive hard and the springs stiffen up and are much sportier than Eibachs.

Great performance spring with conservative drop and good comfort level!

Check out the GB forum for threads on Koni shocks and Neuspeed Bilsteins. Both are excellent matches. You pick the feature you care about. Dampening adjustment (koni) or height adjustment (bilsteins).

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
redb5sdca said:
mine is dropped on sofsports

I have been riding them for 40,000 miles now and I love em, still using stock dampers.
The ride is hot - the drop seems lower than a typical sofsport drop. I thought they only drop 3/4".

·
Registered
56 Posts
redb5sdca I have a question, you put springs on your car and didn't need to put anything else, sorry I don't know much about suspension, I always thought you needed shocks/dampers when you lowered your car?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got the softsport springs, my ride is alot like the car above. I've had mine for about 20,000 miles. Still using stock dampers also. I parked next to a factory passat at work the other day and there was well over 3/4 in differents. But from what I've heard, aftermarket springs like that tend to settle after a few thousand miles. My ride is still firm but not uncomfortable, i have 18 rims and still enjoy the ride. Go for it, You'll love them!! :thumbup:

To KvyKevin: It depends on how low you go, 3/4 in. won't effect the factory dampers enough to worry about. If you were to drop it a full 1 1/2 in. It is recomended but still not a must. Before I got my passat I had a truck.....I know. It was dropped 4in. front and 5in. rear. I used my stock shocks for about 6 months, then they were shot. 3/4 in doesn't really put any extra stress or compression on the factory dampers.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Passaton18s said:
I've got the softsport springs, my ride is alot like the car above. I've had mine for about 20,000 miles. Still using stock dampers also. I parked next to a factory passat at work the other day and there was well over 3/4 in differents. But from what I've heard, aftermarket springs like that tend to settle after a few thousand miles. My ride is still firm but not uncomfortable, i have 18 rims and still enjoy the ride. Go for it, You'll love them!! :thumbup:

To KvyKevin: It depends on how low you go, 3/4 in. won't effect the factory dampers enough to worry about. If you were to drop it a full 1 1/2 in. It is recomended but still not a must. Before I got my passat I had a truck.....I know. It was dropped 4in. front and 5in. rear. I used my stock shocks for about 6 months, then they were shot. 3/4 in doesn't really put any extra stress or compression on the factory dampers.
Thanks, how even is your drop? in the rear especially. I'm getting my Eibach Pro-system installed this weekend. :)

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
1ReclusiveOrc said:
the softsports will drop the car 3/4 of an inch.
Advertised drop is 3/4 inches but from the people that have put them on, the actual drop is much closer to 1 inch.

SofSports have the same spring rate as the Sport springs as well but not as short.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had my SofSport Neuspeed springs for a couple of weeks now. I definitely would not want my car any lower. I actually didn't think it would drop this much. It sure looks like well over 1 inch. The ride height height looks about the same or slightly lower than the B6 Audi A4 with the factory sport suspension.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Car seems to sit lower in the back, but I think it just looks that way cause the rear wheel well is shallower that the front. At least I hope thats why!

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
redb5sdca said:
mine is dropped on sofsports

I have been riding them for 40,000 miles now and I love em, still using stock dampers.
I am away on business this week but my car is at the shop having the Softsports put on with the stock dampers as well. I got a really good close up pic of my "Toureg look" before I took it in and when I pick it up tomorrow, I'll snap another post drop. I've got 16" Audi wheels on it with 255/50/16 AVS 100s on it so that should give you a pretty good idea as to what it will look like with a stock size wheel/tire combo as well.

BTW the pic above is what my car aspires to be when it grows up (only in Royal Green of course). Very nice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are some pix of my GLS 1.8T w/ Sofsports. They are a great balance of handling and comfort, with a modest drop of about 1." I would definitely recommend them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts