Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any group buys going anymore? Just checked the group buy section and the most recent is closed. Does Neuspeed off any Clubb5 discounts?

What would you get the 25 or 28 mm rear sway bar? How does it actually work?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just ordered mine from www.autobahnx.com for $218 + shipping. Thats a pretty good deal I think...plus one of the guys who works their posts on here. TwoLiterVW i think....

Hmmm, i just checked the website and it doesn't list that special anymore...
wierd. E-mail [email protected] and maybe he'll give you that price.

·
Registered
531 Posts
So....If I have a stock 99 GLS and want better (flatter) handling...should I get the front or rear sway bar from Neuspeed??? They recommended the front, but I thought the front already had a bar.

confusion means I am just about to learn something :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I would get 28mm NS rear sway for big heavy card like ours. If you like to make your fronts stiffer on a sedan, then try a OEM wagon 29mm hallow front sway with 28mm NS rear sway. You can get through drewparts. You can set the rear 28mm at it's stiffest setting with OEM 29mm combo for a balanced sway action. However, some of the aftermarket solid front sway bar may be undoing the rear bar. So, I would only recommend the OEM hallow 29mm front sway bar for additional front support.

·
Registered
853 Posts
PASSAT2001.5 said:
I would get 28mm NS rear sway for big heavy card like ours. If you like to make your fronts stiffer on a sedan, then try a OEM wagon 29mm hallow front sway with 28mm NS rear sway. You can get through drewparts. You can set the rear 28mm at it's stiffest setting with OEM 29mm combo for a balanced sway action. However, some of the aftermarket solid front sway bar may be undoing the rear bar. So, I would only recommend the OEM hallow 29mm front sway bar for additional front support.
Good advise! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
How much would the ride quality deteriorate with a rear sway bar? I'm also contemplating installing a 28mm Neuspeed but the roads around here suck so I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
kezho said:
How much would the ride quality deteriorate with a rear sway bar? I'm also contemplating installing a 28mm Neuspeed but the roads around here suck so I'm not sure if it's a good idea.
Ride quality? In theroy, none. Unless you are completely zen with your car and feel a 20lb weight increase, you'll be okay.

As a side note, My 28mm sway bar was delivered at 11:39 this morning, hopefully it'll be on my 6pm!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
There is no perceptible change in ride quality with the rear sway bar instal; in fact the :) :) improvement in steering/"handling" will swamp any impact that the additional weight of the solid (or otherwise) rear sway bar.

Go for it! You'll like it :thumbup:

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
anyone used the a6 strut tie or others for that matter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts