Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will either of these work on our longitudinally-oriented motors?

My car has the AWE K04, FMIC, 2.5" DP, 2.5" Exhaust, but this seems to be another place to improve...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
That Neuspeed product isn't for our cars. That fits the transverse mounted Jettas and Golfs. The turbo inlet hose on our car isn't as restrictive as the MK IV's, but it is also more complicated too. It needs to be able to flex and have the PCV valve hooked up to it. As well as a few other things like the N75 valve. So it isn't easily duplicated. Besides, there isn't much restiction there anyway. Now the turbo outlet hose is another story all together. That's a nasty, twisted mess. :roll:

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Chas said:
... Now the turbo outlet hose is another story all together. That's a nasty, twisted mess. :roll:
HUH? My TOH looks pretty clean - certainly cleaner than the TIH... :???:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn.. the MkIV owners get all the goodies...

So the general concensus is that we're hosed... or would that be NOT hosed? Grin.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Profbooty said:
ive wondered myself, why the passat doesnt have higher power than a non modded mk4?
1. Do you mean WHY doesn't it have more power because its a "larger car" thus pulling more weight..

OR

2. WHY doesn't it have more power because of the engine layout?

If you think #1. : I have no idea. AFAIK, there is about a 200lb difference between the B5.5 and Jetta MKIVs and 200 MORE lbs from the Jetta to the GTIs.

If you think #2.

a. our engines actually have less compression (9:3:1 vs. the transverse 9:5:1) Not to mention the driveshaft has a more direct route to the wheels with a transverse set up, (thus less loss) than us.

Face it, We've got the Grandma Edition 1.8Ts.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Spanky McGee said:
Face it, We've got the Grandma Edition 1.8Ts.
some of us are in even worse shape for making power, we drive Tiptronic B5's :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
JEM
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing