Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here running this kit? I will be looking for a K04 upgrade soon and noticed I hadnt heard much about this one. For those who are knowledgeable on this, input?
I know many are running the PES t-28 kit but Im trying to stay in a budget. I would love the APR but I believe its a bit overpriced. Any others yall would recomend?

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Just out of curiousity and to hyjack a bit, why do you think the APR kit is overpriced but not PES? For $700 you get a high flow cat, newer more expensive turbocharger, and a far better manifold. Seems like they both have the same amount of profit built into the price.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
what about the k04 kit from ECS tuning?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Brian, you bring up a valid question. Mac is right though, for the price of the APR kit you get slightly more aggressive software and more development time backed by the APR guys. In the past few months I have talked to a guy in Miami who went with a PES supercharger for his 4 motion V6 Passat. He paid for it all and when he got it new from PES, he looked at some of the parts. The runners for the new manifold for the SC wasnt done very well. Very rough inside, metal shards just everywhere. The APR kit from what I understand, and read, is a far better kit. If you are wanting to go with a K04 thats great. You may even be better off going with an ATP kit which will give you some higher gains and still maintain the drivability. The Mk4 guys rave about the ATP kits and serious gains with their cars.

HTH
Steve

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know about the great quality of the APR kits. I had just thought from reading past posts that the PES was a better, stronger kit for the money. Either way, I believe both of these kits go for over 2k. Please correct me if I am wrong. I havent heard much about the ATP kit. I will look into it!
Again, I am trying to stay in a budget. I believe you get what you pay for so I dont want to make the wrong decision. If the Neuspeed kit is crap, I will move on. Im exploring my options right now. Im not looking for stupid power, just a little more kick.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont see ECS' kit on their site. :???:
They list the kit for a GTI but its an APR kit.

I read up on the AWE kit and wow! :shock:
That seems to be a great deal.

The Neuspeed kit is 1999 and seems to be about the same. I really like that the AWE kit utilizes GIAC programming! Im not sure how good the P-chip is. I havent seen many using it.

Thanks Steve! Anyone have any experience with the AWE kit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
dublife
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing