Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses it?

After spending close to $20 this past weekend at Blockbuster for a few rentals I drew the line and signed up for it and should have my first delivery today or tomorrow.

Anyone from the Dallas area know where they ship to us from?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I just signed up for it yesterday...i just got all my software and burner ready to go and tried it all out on a blockbuster rental from this weekend... All my friends that have used it love it. They usually get their dvds in 2-3 days, but that also depends on where you live. I think the nearest shipping location to us is actually in Austin so you should get your new dvds 3ish days after you drop them in your mailbox. If you are like me and have a queue of 75 that you want to burn, getting them fast and shipping them out faster is the key to getting between 12 and 16 in during the 14 day free trial and hopefully will get the bulk of my 75 done in two months...

If you don't have a dvd burner but want to have copies of the movies, you can download DVD Shrink 3.1.7 off the internet and make 4 gig 'backups' to store on your harddrive to watch whenever you want...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't have a burner, and I :heart: Netflix.
Except that I still haven't gotten School of Rock :mad:
Beats paying late fees at Ballbuster.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoneStarPoke said:
If you don't have a dvd burner but want to have copies of the movies, you can download DVD Shrink 3.1.7 off the internet and make 4 gig 'backups' to store on your harddrive to watch whenever you want...
have one and use it.

flipsauce said:
I still haven't gotten School of Rock
Your not missing anything with this one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have been using it for years, and the service keeps getting better. My only complaint is the "new releases" section. Stuff stays too long or is not in there if there is too much interest. Better off to check new releases elsewhere, then search on Netflix to add them to your queue. Right now my turnarounds are 2 days which is amazing!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
This is an economical "sucker deal" unless all you do is sit home and watch movies every day.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
I used to have it but canceled it after about 6 months when I realized that most of the movies out today suck and I was only getting them to justify the $20 per month fee. If you've got couch potato tendencies or you can never remember to return movies on time, then it might be worth it.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
There is also a 4 movie per month option with netflix and I think it's like $14. Cheaper than blockbuster, and you don't have to worry about late fees. We have been members for about 6 months. We burned through all those movies we kind of wanted to see and never did, now we are probaby going to drop down to the 4 movie per month option and just hit the new releases.

At first you'll watch the movies as soon as you get them. Now they sit a week or two before we watch them. It's kind of like a gym membership.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good deal if you like to see classics and hard-to-find films.

Not a good deal if you need to see the latest release right away. You may have to wait for the new releases to be available.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had it about a year ago and I canceled it because everything in my queue was OUT OF STOCK!! It pissed me off, but I'm sure they are much better now. That and a DVD burner has to be the best combination in the world. Just make sure they have improved their stock holdings - nothing like your movies waiting for you in the mailbox.

·
Registered
231 Posts
New members get the top priority. That's why all the new release are in stock when you first sign up. You will start noticing more and more movies are out of stock after awhile. :thumbdow: I found some scratch discs and wrong disc inside the sleeve. I cancelled long time ago.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Tyrannosaurus said:
This is an economical "sucker deal" unless all you do is sit home and watch movies every day.

Who would ever do that?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
P.S. I don't belong to NetFlix

1 - 20 of 24 Posts