Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Anyone know of anyplace where one can store their car for @18 months. My NG unit has been activated for Iraq so I need to put my apartment and car in storage. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Sean :)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Good Luck and Thanks!
now, as far as putting an entire apartment in storage.....
you might have better luck with the B5.

Otherwise, I really have no suggestions.....

Chris

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not the entire apartment. I really would like to store my car.

Thanks, How's the Saab.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But wouldn't I have to drain all the gas and flammables out of the car. I thought there were places that did car storage but I cruised google and found nothing.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Most u-store it places will take cars as long as you get most of the gas out. You might want to get some oil/water absorbing mats for under it, also. www.newpig.com has a great selection.

I suppose you can also pack the car with your belongings and such to try to take up less space. Maybe get one larger unit that will fit everything.

Thank you and Godspeed.

·
Registered
941 Posts
There are plenty apartment buildings with indoor garages in Bergen county. Many owners/tenants don’t have a car and often rent out their space. See if any ads in the paper. I’ll ask around…

Good Luck and be safe…

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had a few offers from work for garages. I'm just concerned with how the car will handle 18 months. Appreciate you looking Elias, let me know.
I'm looking at the mats now Alex. I also might borrow some from our Motor Pool (I figure Uncle Sam owes me :wink: )

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
you can always give the keys to someone you trust to start the car up and atleast drive it around the block or atleast around the floor of the garage to keep it in working condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts