Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you haven't seen I'm selling my KW v2s (my wife thinks I spend too much time adjusting them) so now I need to see some Variants with different suspensions. I really like the ride of the Eibach Pro-System in my 99 but I don't think know how they'll look or if it'll be low enough. I would like something as low, or close to as low as my KWs are now.

Please post pics with the specs of your suspension.

Thanks!

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Paul . . . go for Neuspeed Sports + Koni Shocks . . . got a 2.2" drop on my sedan and with the konis the ride can either be really smooth and soft or pretty darn stiff.

Dave

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
quality_sound said:
If any of you haven't seen I'm selling my KW v2s (my wife thinks I spend too much time adjusting them) so now I need to see some Variants with different suspensions. I really like the ride of the Eibach Pro-System in my 99 but I don't think know how they'll look or if it'll be low enough. I would like something as low, or close to as low as my KWs are now.

Please post pics with the specs of your suspension.

Thanks!

Stop adjusting them and keep them? :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm running H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein Shocks. I've had this set-up for 1-1/2 years. The car currently has 39,000 miles on it and the ride is great!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

Eibach Pro-System for ~10 months now. Drives great, eats tires due to camber being thrown off by the drop.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
No tire problems with my eibach pro system...

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave - Konis are out. My KWs use Koni dampers and that's the problem, I take the suspension apart at least once a day for fine tuning. :D

Scott - I can't. I think I have OCD. :wink: :crazy:

Jarovw - is that the lowest perch setting on the Bilsteins?

Feilo - Why is yours so low? It looks even lower than the H&Rs and the drop is only supposed to be 1.3 front and 1.0 rear. :???:

Shabby - Not bad looking. 17s on there?

Anyone running Neuspeeds/Bilsteins on their Variant. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Damn you take the entire suspension apart once a day? Do you have a job? I know it takes at least 2 hours to take the whole thing off and then put it on again...
or maybe I am just slow. :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
If I remember correctly, I'm at the middle setting. Next to lowest. I wouldn't want to be any lower in the front and I like the rake.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shady - I get off at 4 and then I get home and get to work. That's why my wife's pissed.

jaro - I like the rake too, but normally you only get that on the lowest setting. What was your actual drop? H&R quotes 1.3" front and 1" rear drops.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
quality_sound said:
Feilo - Why is yours so low? It looks even lower than the H&Rs and the drop is only supposed to be 1.3 front and 1.0 rear. :???:
I had wondered that myself after the instal. Its a lot lower than the "advertised" drop - I'd reckon at least 1.5" all round. Sorry, no intelligent answer on this one :oops:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I know what you mean, every time I work on the car my wife goes ballistic on me and I get the cold shoulder the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
stock:

full 1BE with 16" swing wheels:

on 18" RS4 wheels:

gratuitous rolling shot on 18" wheels:

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,507 Posts
I would be VERY hesitant to lower my Passat, since the stock ground clearance is already pretty minimal. Do you guys have any problems with speed bumps, driveway entrances, etc.?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts