Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the results of the earlier thread....... my tire is busted so it's a good opportunity to get new tires since i HATE the ones i have now.....

i'm looking for good treadwear, decent price and QUIET!

i don't know if i could emphasize QUIET enough...

I currently have yoko avs ES100 and they bug the hell out of me.....soooooo LOUD! Help?! :cry:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
According to CR, The Turanza LS-H and the Falken Ziex ZE-512 are both the two highest rated tires in terms of performance as well as noise charactaristics.

The Bridgstones carry the trophy in overall handling in an avoidance maneuver (sharp swerve left, then right) while the Falkens edge out the Turanzas in wet braking (panic stop from 40mph on wet surface with ABS on), hydroplaning (how fast the tester could go before skimming over the water), rolling resistance (measured on a dynamometer), and ride comfort (subjective). In all other areas (Dry and Ice Braking, snow traction and noise), they are equal,

In either case, niether of the tires scored poorly in any category, so I don't think you can go wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.