Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking 5mm front and 10mm back (I have a B5.5 w/ Eibach setup and 17" capezios and 225/45/17's) - good?...as I prefer to do the dubbin without the rubbin.

Help locating these goodies would be much appreciated. Also, what size lugs do I need and what locks should I get (still want to be able to use the lug covers - I assume that won't be an issue).

TIA

steve

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
www.parts4vws.com they'll provide the correct bolt length. as for locks, you can't use them if you're going to run spacers. the bolts used with the spacers are longer. so most locks are of the stock length, which means you can't use them anymore.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The longer lug accounts for the spacer diameter though...doesn't it? I assumed that the length of the new lugs would be, say 10mm longer w/ 10mm spacers....

curses!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
you got it. so the bolts are 10mm longer than the stock ones for 10mm spacers. although I did find some wheel locks that latch onto the head of the bolt instead of being a replacement bolt. try and search the web for "Eurolocks". I saw an ad in some magazine a while back..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts