Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm new to this part of the vw scene, I've owned a '92 Jetta, a '01 GTI 1.8T, and now a '02 GTI 337. What I need help with is, I got married a little over a year ago and now it's time to think about the future, as far as a nice family car is concerned. I thought about a Jetta but it's a little small, and I want some class, so a Passat fills the bill perfectly.

Now I'll tell ya my wife doesn't drive a standard, so it has to be tiptronic, and not silver or a wagon, she hates both, I don't know why, I love them, oh well.

So what I'm asking you folks to do, is post up some inspiration, such as pictures of your cars, with the mods and the like. I will be modding it, when I do buy, so i want some ideas. On the top of my list now, is some BBS wheels and some type of coilover set-up, and chipping it if I go with the 1.8T model.

I'm not stranger to modding, my 337 has a little, such as a UPsolute chip, hyperboost dv, neuspeed 28mm rsb, clear corners, hella r/c/c/r tails, and k&n drop in. Here's a pic for the heck of it...

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for that, I'll take it down if there is a problem.

So let the advice fly, and no I didn't search since my question is quite out there, thanks for all your help, and I look forward to being officially part of the family soon.

Thanks,

Jon :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
First off welcome to the Passat world. Your GTI 337 must be a kick? Anyway, I came from owning a jetta which was nice until you needed to make use of the back seat for little ones...............no room! The passat besides being bigger, looks sweet and has so many things that you can do to the car as far as modifying it.

I would go for the 1.8 as it gets better gas consumption and you can modify much cheaper then the V6. The V6 however, handles much better then the 4 cyl., but if you are the type to modify (which it appears so), then you can change out the suspension. Here are some pictures of my baby. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first of all glxpassat, you have a nice ride! :thumbup: , and yes my 337 is a fun car, i love it, my wife on the other hand, does not, she looks at from a logical point, she doesn't drive stick, she doesn't like silver, and my car is stored for winter, so we aren't getting our money's worth out of it, but I sure do love it, hehe :D

But I'm sure I can have an equal amout of fun with a passat, especially after finding my way over here from the tex, let's see some more fine B5's!

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
I wouldn't even lok at a 1.8T if you're going to get a Tip. My brother has a 1.8T Tip and it's sluggish as hell. I have a '99 V6 Tip and a 04.5 1.8T Manual and they're both great.

The 04.5 Variant, 1.8T manual, stock.....for now. :wink:

The 99 Sedan V6 Tip "slightly" modded :wink:

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome! That's one beautiful GTI you've got there. And for the most part, no one here will give you much grief for not being 100% faithful to the B5, (although I'm still afraid to post pics of my A4 :nervous:

Side note: Quality_Sound, is that burnt orange a factory color? I've never seen that before. That's gorgeous! :bow:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
quality_sound said:
I wouldn't even lok at a 1.8T if you're going to get a Tip. My brother has a 1.8T Tip and it's sluggish as hell. I have a '99 V6 Tip and a 04.5 1.8T Manual and they're both great.
my B5 '00 1.8t tip was quicker in the 1/4 mile than a fellow CB5er '99 V6 tip. both cars had the giac ecu and tip chips. the v6 had additional exhaust and intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.