Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if magno flow exhaust is any good, i can get it for wholesale and put on for free so it is going to cost me under $100 for my entire exhaust. should i go through with it and does magna flow sound good on a 1.8t??? thanks for the help

·
Registered
493 Posts
My bro-in-law has one on his GTI (I haven't heard one on a Passat). They are a bit loud for my taste but it is a quality exhaust. For under $100 you can't go wrong. If you go to www.europeancarweb.com they did a comparison of 1.8t exhausts complete with sound clips. Magnaflow was one of them, have a look/listen.

·
Registered
493 Posts
djskribble705 said:
OETTINGER babe

I put an Oettinger Exhaust on my car and WOW it is amazing, I alos removed the resisnator to allow the Exhaust to create the noise. WOW, sound like a true sports car.

Check out my website and you car look at pics and see what the Exhaust looks like on the car.

www.sk8shirts.homestead.com/vwhaven.html

enjoy

Richard
Yeah, but is he going to be able to get an Oettinger exhaust with install for less the $100? There are lots of exhausts I would choose over the Magnaflow if price wasn't at issue. At $100, or even a bit more, I don't know how you can walk away from that deal.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
toneloc07 said:
i was wondering if magno flow exhaust is any good, i can get it for wholesale and put on for free so it is going to cost me under $100 for my entire exhaust. should i go through with it and does magna flow sound good on a 1.8t??? thanks for the help
I maybe interested in an exhaust like this for my V6, perhaps we should do a GB?

·
Registered
105 Posts
toneloc07 said:
go for it, but i will not be included in the GB since i can get mine for cheaper than a group buy could.
So why don't you sponser the group buy for all of us...!!! :poke: :wink:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
EDO said:
toneloc07 said:
go for it, but i will not be included in the GB since i can get mine for cheaper than a group buy could.
So why don't you sponser the group buy for all of us...!!! :poke: :wink:
That's what I was hinting.........please? :bow:

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
toneloc07 said:
i am not going to ask my friend to not make a profit for like 10 exhausts when he is being nice enough to help me, true friends dont do that.
Hey! That's what me and my friend are doing! True friends do that! :)

Joking aside. If the exhaust retails for $200 and costs $90 and your friend can GB for a steep discount like at $115 for example. He doesn't have to do it at cost. He stil makes a small profit on each muffler and he's getting business where he wouldn't have anyway.

In a way I can keep doing these GBs because this isn't my/my friends business/way of living. I'm not taking away from my paycheck if I do so but heck, I'm not padding it as well.

Besides, doing a GB is a great way to give back to the community of CB5!

·
Registered
493 Posts
S_Klass said:
toneloc07 said:
i am not going to ask my friend to not make a profit for like 10 exhausts when he is being nice enough to help me, true friends dont do that.
Hey! That's what me and my friend are doing! True friends do that! :)

Joking aside. If the exhaust retails for $200 and costs $90 and your friend can GB for a steep discount like at $115 for example. He doesn't have to do it at cost. He stil makes a small profit on each muffler and he's getting business where he wouldn't have anyway.

In a way I can keep doing these GBs because this isn't my/my friends business/way of living. I'm not taking away from my paycheck if I do so but heck, I'm not padding it as well.

Besides, doing a GB is a great way to give back to the community of CB5!
Just to add a further note, your buddy would not be doing free installs for most, if not all, of the buyers. As S Klass points out, no one is expecting him to not make a profit but just that if he can give a great deal to B5ers, then kindly ask him to show some love.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had the Magnaflow 14833 model on my passat some time ago. Removed the resonator and increased the pipe to 2.75 and it was a bit loud. Resonated in the cabin loudly. Bad thing was since it is a sealed unit something inside the muffler near the tips started rattling pretty loud. You can see the way the tips are connected to the muffler itself is kind of odd, I suspect this end cap is what was rattling.

Any which way, I swapped it out for a Greddy which was quiet most the time but loud when you get on it. Now looking to get rid of the Greddy to build a mandrel bent 3" system using the Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded Round muffler as the main muffler and a Dynomax Bullet Muffler as a resonator underneath the passenger seat area.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is it possible to cut off the existing muffler at its inlet and hook the Magnaflow into existing pipe without major modifications? I don't think the stock pipe is 2.5".

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
its absolutely possible and its been done. on both the vr6, v6 and 1.8t's it sounds great. deep sound and not ricey for the most part. best bang for the buck cuz the mufflers retail for approx 60-90 bucks (depending on stainless steel or not) on full line exhaust and bigexhaust.com. i believe the number is 13955, correct me if im wrong and if you add a downturn the sound reverberates off the ground and deepens

magnaflow+ :b5: = :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
For the model shown above, the can is only 14"in length, so it seems that some pipe would have to be added after the stock is cut off so that it shows through the rear valance. Correct???

Also, it's going to be a little tricky cutting out the rear valance and having the exhaust lined up correctly without being permanently mounted. Any suggestions???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
toneloc07
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing