Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my hoses had to split on Memorial day weekend!!! %#$%#
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could identify the hose that is split in the center of picture below. The part number on the hose is 058 133 7831, but I tried searching some VW sites and did not get any hits. I had to tape up the hose just to get the car home. I am assuming it is either a breather hose or a vaccuum hose. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have a 2001 Passat 1.8T automatic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply ddabb. I attached another picture as requested. The hose is connected to a stem attached to the engine. The other end is connected to a series of hoses. I have not gone to the dealer yet since the parts department is closed due to Memorial Day Weekend. I did temporary replace the hose with a 1" in diameter rubber hose from the local auto parts store. The problem is that one end is larger in diameter. Therefore, I need to wait until Tuesday to check with dealer to get the correct hose. Also, the check emission is light is on....ugh! I wondering if that just needs to be reset by the dealer, unless I have another problem. The car is running and idling fine with the temporary replacement hose.

Oh, the bad hose is on the radiator fluid reservoir in the second photo. I am curious as to why that hose split. Has anyone experience this?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Somethingwong, according to the service manual, it looks like it's connected to the vacuum booster. it goes to the brake servo. They do not label the hose in the book. I hope this helps at least you can describe it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the Hose is actually part of the PCV system but having a gash like that in it will reduce the overall vacuum pressure of your entire system and cause pretty significant boost leaks as well.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
The VW hose split once. And it will split again so why worry about the part number? :lol:

I replaced mine with a length of high temp hose from Autozone for about $1.50 . Just curve it and it's way thicker and won't split again.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
D Zig - what size (inner diam) hose did you buy? On my car, it looks like each end is a different size. :suspicio: Right now i'm using friction tape and zip ties. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the hose (06B 133 783 BC) from the dealer today (cost $7.95). They have really redesigned/replaced the hose. I guess they realized they were using a crappy hose. The new hose is basically a high temp hose with the threads weaved in it for added support. The only plus, is that it is pre-angled (has the curve built into it). The diameter is the same on both ends. I had no problems installing it, even though one end appeared to be larger in diameter on the old hose. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.