Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2000 V6 Manual that I want to pep up a bit. Can anyone give me some ideas? Anyone know of a CAM upgrade for the V6? I know that replacing the intake and exhaust will give like 5 -10HP and adding a chip will do the same, but I want more than that. :) All that of course without spending thousands of dollars.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
estimated is still estimated until proven dyno... :p

they do make cams for the 2.8 30V 6cyl engine... Cat Cams from Sweden.. the only trick is that we need someone to custom tune the software and possibly rework the top end due to more stroke added. so no one has gone this route yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like you're looking for a car other than a Passat. With the costs associated with really improving horsepower from the 30V V6, perhaps you should sell and go for an Audi S4 or BMW M3. If you want a race car, buy a race car.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Supercharger is the only route......but for thousands of dollars....

You can buy an exhaust, intake, chip, headers, fuel pressure regulator, NOZ, and lighten your ride - that should be good for MAYBE 50hp at the crank - but still - money talks!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
NOS on a already high compression V6?!? Anyone done this?! Sounds to me like your looking for 2 cylinder head shaped holes in your hood!

But then again, what do I know? :oops:

·
Registered
121 Posts
vegasvw and I have the V6 too. We are saving for either the PES turbo or supercharger system. Ask Julian about the charger. All bolt on, and sweet as tits. Will give you about another 100hp. The PES charger setup is about $5000.

In the mean time, you can do things to pep your engine up. Chip, exhaust, lightened pullies. The guys at HPA said not to bother with the intake. The stock one flows fine. Althought a better filter will help some.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Don't wast your time or moeny on the intake. It is already pulling cold are from the grille of the car. Add weight reduction (think rotating weight ;) ) to the list of things already mention.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
rpaller
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing