Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need HELP changed Sus. and large drop??? Large drop??? Help

Ok I installed bilsteins and neuspeed sprots on sat and when I was done It was a 3 to 4" drop Vs the 1.5" drop???? What did I do wrong??

Left bum stops out and had the ring on the second setting too....It was lower then coil overs.....Anyone know What I did??
TIA

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well Its in the front and it is so low. It covers the top of the tire. I mean low I can just see the top tred of the tire so there was a good three in. drop. in the front. I have the right springs and shocks too. They came off a B5.5 V6 so it has a heavyer spring rate and the shocks are the same as the B5's. So I am at a loss :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
"Well Its in the front and it is so low. It covers the top of the tire. I mean low I can just see the top tred of the tire so there was a good three in. drop. in the front. "

i don't see a problem here......

·
Registered
604 Posts
pson said:
Ok I installed bilsteins and neuspeed sprots on sat and when I was done It was a 3 to 4" drop Vs the 1.5" drop???? What did I do wrong??

Left bum stops out and had the ring on the second setting too....It was lower then coil overs.....Anyone know What I did??
TIA
I just put the same springs on my 99 and got a 1.5-1.75 drop. Bump stops wouldn't do anything. I used the Koni's which don't have the adjustable ring so I can't help you there.

Tires at just a little BELOW the fender edge with 225-18's.

You say they "came off" another passat? So they weren't new? Are you SURE they're for the V6 model???

Don

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dcvee said:
I just put the same springs on my 99 and got a 1.5-1.75 drop. Bump stops wouldn't do anything. I used the Koni's which don't have the adjustable ring so I can't help you there.

Tires at just a little BELOW the fender edge with 225-18's.

You say they "came off" another passat? So they weren't new? Are you SURE they're for the V6 model???

Don
Yup They came off a B5.5 V6 which I called Neuspeed and they said the only diff is spring rate (B5.5 heavyer). So WTF...I need my car So I am going to have to put my stock springs with the bilsteins. Do you think that is bad to do???

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
evilvariant said:
"Well Its in the front and it is so low. It covers the top of the tire. I mean low I can just see the top tred of the tire so there was a good three in. drop. in the front. "

i don't see a problem here......
I can't even put my fist under my belly pan. I have to turn it sideways amd it still a tight fit

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bottom out in my drive way.....and its level. It is far lower then coil overs and I don't have them. I can't understand what I did???? Right springs and shocks they were put together right??? I am going to have to put the stock ones back on and made get new ones later??

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
springs are always lower than advertised. i got the sofsports knowing other drops would be too low for the roads i'm droving on. i think they advertise .75" but it's really about 1.1" to 1.2"

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.8Tttturbo said:
springs are always lower than advertised. i got the sofsports knowing other drops would be too low for the roads i'm droving on. i think they advertise .75" but it's really about 1.1" to 1.2"
It was about 3" they say only a 1.5 to 1.7 drop

·
Registered
964 Posts
you gotta get some pics !!!!! ive got the h&r race, which is supposed to be 2.5 drop but w/ the 19's i can get 2 fingers in the front and 1 in the rear.... ? it doesnt really sound like you did anything wrong, but i think pics would clear everything up for us...

-deez

·
Registered
582 Posts
that is titteeeee, u r lucky it slammed, i have mine on 19's if i was only lucky enough to mess up like u did ;) jus be happy n be careful around bumps..

and on driveways.

oh, speedbumps too..

rocks too.

actually, be careful everywhere

·
Registered
604 Posts
pson said:
Yup They came off a B5.5 V6 which I called Neuspeed and they said the only diff is spring rate (B5.5 heavyer). So WTF...I need my car So I am going to have to put my stock springs with the bilsteins. Do you think that is bad to do???
No. Shouldn't hurt a thing....other than your cars look :D

I know the bilsteins are adjustable ride height...maybe you can make a spacer disc that will get you up where you wanna be. I don't know anything about the bilstein installation but if they use a saddle cup for the bottom of the spring to rest on are you sure you have it "up"?

How bad is the rear?

Don

1 - 20 of 32 Posts