Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I have a conection to obtain any of the following MFD's for a ridiculously low price. It's really a friend doing me a favor, so I can't get more than one unit.

6N0 035 191 X
6N0 035 191 D
6N0 035 191 DX
6N0 035 191 AX

The corresponding installation kit that he can get is:
1J0 035 507

These are apparently for the Lupo, but the part numbers are very similar to the B5, and was wondering if anyone knew whether this sytem would work for a 2000 passat 1.8t here in the US.

I really appreciate any help you can provide!!!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
This should be in Mobile Electronics, methinks.
Have you tried searching for the p/n in there? I don't look for MFDs but they have plenty of them discussed.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, this would be for the factory navigation system... It's a price never thought possible for the MFD, but again, i can get only one. At the very least, can anyone tell me who I should contact with this question? I've PM'd Airwalk but have not heard back from him yet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have factory fit colour sat nav in my '99 1.8T. Assuming you refer to Multi Function Display ie the LCD display that sits on the instrument panel as a dot matrix display of vehicle speed , nav guidance etc. The MFD on the nav system displays routing symbols at junctions etc in addition to radio channel / CD track, so those units not intended for sat nav may not have enough pixels to display this info. It may be worth looking at the part number on the VW parts CD for the passat MFD before committing cash to buy a unit. The other vehicles fitted with MFD and sat nav i know of are the golf , bora , sharan , and Seat toledo V5. One other point to consider is VW changed the spec of the MFD Nav head unit , at year beginning 2000 to a DX system , this may require a different MFD display. It would be worth checking the year and model of the nav unit as well to check compatability. As I'm thinking of changing my passat for another VW/ Audi i'd be interested in the wiring required so i can consider taking the nav unit to my new vehicle. good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts