Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooooo since i got the car all ive done is cosmetic (ie tinting the windows, debadging, blacking out the tail lights, blacking out vw emblem on trunk, blacking out grille, black rims [notice a pattern lol]) ive been putting serious thought into performance (having been putting it off since i paid for the extended warranty i didnt want to void anything) and was wondering what would YOU suggest

·
Registered
756 Posts
I recommend the UNI tune as a performance mod, Stage 1 will gain you about 45 HP and 75 ft/lbs of tq. If you want more power stage 2 is awesome.... but it its worth getting the tune for just getting tuned. and if u really think about it there really aren't any other mods tht could be done to ur car for 500$ tht will gain you 45 hp in about 20 min of time. A tune even stage 1 is the best bang for ur buck

with the warranty issue a dealer will not be able to tell ur tuned unless they drive ur car and honestly if you dont have a boost gauge they wont see the increase of boost (if they even know what stock boost is suppose to be), also why would the dealer test drive ur car at WOT for anything really.

But they also need to PROVE (if they find out u have a tune) tht the tune is what caused ur problem. a catback exhaust wont make ur cv joint fail or ur stereo to fry so they cant not do the repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@bill yeah i think thats what im gonna go with is it $500 for the stage 1?

@colorado 2.0 fsi auto :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts