Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the coilovers in the B5one site for $900! Is there anything else that I would need to install on my car if I got them?! :???: P.S.: Any one heard anything about the FK "High-Sport"coilovers good/bad? Do they suck w/o adjustable dampers?
Thanks-Ryan :wink:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I know everyone likes FK as a company and likes their products. Im not sure about the adjustable dampers or not, i have KW v2's that have adjustable dampers. I love them. I got mine for $1300-$1400, and i think the v1's are $1000-$1200 or so. There is nothing else you need to install with them, i would recomment new nuts because they are self-tightening and are supose to be one-time use only, that cost me $60 extra. I did install them myself so laybor was not a issue, it really wasn't that big a deal, it did take two full days, one because i never really worked on a car before, and two i didn't have the nuts to complete the job. If you are going to do it yourself get good jack stands a torque wrench and a spring compressor, to install the bump stops. With my set up i have to compress the coilover spring and install the OEM bump stop. I know some set-up are pre-assmebled, but i dont know if they make these for the passats or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Curry
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing