Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
You do not have the required permissions yet for classifieds access. As such, i removed references in your post about it. You can read up about why in that section.

Which fuses are you testing (number)? The ignition has to be on and the light switch in the on position.

If you have daytime running lights still, reach in past the fuse panel and remove the 137 relay (it should be upside down on the relay panel).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sorry!

I know the car has to be on and headlight switch on. Come on man! lol. I already pulled my relay for the DRLs. there is a 20 amp fuses right above that that was blown, i replaced it but it did nothing noticeable.

Fuse#s I'm testing are 20 and 21, but also 18 and 19(high beams) for a constant.

any help is greatly appreciated

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
Ok sorry!

I know the car has to be on and headlight switch on. Come on man! lol. I already pulled my relay for the DRLs. there is a 20 amp fuses right above that that was blown, i replaced it but it did nothing noticeable.

Fuse#s I'm testing are 20 and 21, but also 18 and 19(high beams) for a constant.

any help is greatly appreciated
Hey, you'd be surprised the number of people that come here requiring even the most basic of instructions. I tested this and checked that.....yeah sure you did.

I know you said you check the fuses....no voltage to either side, right? Tested at the bulb too with a multi meter?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, tested the fuses, no voltage on either side. Haven't tested the bulb with a multi meter. Ill do that today.

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
If there is no voltage at the low beam fuses, the fault is in the light switch, the ignition switch, or the wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From my experience, it is the electrical portion of the ignition switch. This may sound weird, but when mine went my headlights, turn signals, cruise, ac, and hazards stopped working.:banghead: Frustrating for sure because all of my fuses were fine. I found the electrical portion of my ignition switch was the culprit.
You will have to remove the steering column cover and then remove the connector of the left hand side of the steering column. There are 2 little screws that are possibly painted red or yellow. Take a pocket flathead screwdriver and screw them out just enough to move the switch , remove it and replace it. The part should be readily available. Good luck to you!:rockon:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts