Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a (pos for now) 1999 VW PASSAT v6 GLS

Ok here its goes I have posted in here before and you guys have been helpful even though I’m still having problems with my car. Let me start off by saying thanks to Jim at liberty Toyota for helping me this is what a car dealer ship should be like and how there employees should be, he is truly an asset to the dealership.

Jim has made me re think that all people at dealer ships are not ass holes, and I was thinking about getting rid of my passat, that was before I talk to Jim and got his help. Now I’m thinking about buying my new car from his place of business after I get back from Iraq.

I’m in Alaska, and he works for Liberty Import Center 920 South Milwaukee Avenue Libertyville, IL 60048. I think I got my problem solved with my gear shift box assembly. I just need to order another part from Jim and install it with out breaking more parts. If any one knows of step by step pics or a write ups on removing the shift assembly box and installing the new one I would be over joyed.

I now know that you have to go under the car and move the muffler and drop the shift assembly from the bottom. That’s one problem the next is my worst nightmare mod (OMFG these people in Alaska). I go to this muffler shop to talk to them about putting on a performance muffler on my car, they tell me what they think and tell me they know what there doing.

So I trusted them, so this is what they came up with from my cat back, they took out them little resonators (small like balls in the pip behind the cats) then I think went to a 3” pip, added a 18” resonator where them (small like balls in the pip behind the cats where), then all the way back to the rear with the 3” pipe then added a performance muffler (so all my original parts from cat back do not exist).

So when I drove away it wasn’t what I thought it would sound like, but I was ok with the sound. Over time the sound got louder and louder, high droning sounds, noise drowning out my new stereo equipment, worst of all I’m getting poor acceleration and now getting sputtering sounds and when I tap the gas peddle it kind of lowers the rpms as if it was going to cut out..

This is where I need help in a big way. I want to look into getting a cat back system one that sounds like my old exhaust but with little more growl and performance. (Or one that work good for the car). And I don’t want to go back to the original because of the price of the OEM mufflers. (Kicking my own ass for not saving the old OEM system). Has any one priced the factory exhaust system omg there nuts? Please any one.

Ideas of the right system to put on the car, like where to buy it and some pics and things like that. I know this is a lot, but if you only know how frustrated I am.

P.S more to come once these two are fixed. Still got front end damage from an accident my car got into 2 times in one day, and it was parked and I was not in it, also the stereo equipment and looking into the chip thing, new paint job, bla bla bla ect….

Thanks for any and all responses Mike.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Brullen is one of the few that has V6 cat back exhaust that is of good quality. Do some search, there was a group buy about 6 mos ago.

Army?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Listen, you need to relax little bit. It's late, and most of the people by now are in bed. You will get enough replies tomorrow morning. BTW I did delete your duplicate post. That's a no-no. Just be patient. We have lot of knowledgeable and willing people around here. They need some sleep. :wink:

What's your rank and MOS?

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: yeah yeah ok... it is late. my car has been a mess for to long and time is not on my side. yeah i was wondering how I got 2 of the same post on here. :crazy:

I am a E-5 and my MOS is 21B they changed it from a 12B to 21B so if you know MOS that is a COMBAT ENGINEER. :thumbup: Are you in the military Boris or were you in ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.