Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blaupunkt radio and I know that it is supposed to work even with the ignition off as well as turn on and off via the ignition. As far as I know the relay? in the picture I provided is what makes it work that way and I dont know how to wire it. Hope someone can help me.

https://imgur.com/zLZbxHf

2004 Passat

·
Registered
740 Posts
That over-complicates it.....

Aftermarket radio standards:
Yellow: B+ constant
Red: Ignition (switched positive)
Black: Ground

Your car is an '04, therefore CAN-bus factory radio, therefore no switched power at the radio connector.
Easy option is to simply run a fused wire from the 75X lug on the relay plate (remove lower dash trim at left to access this), to the red wire on the radio. Forego the funky (and, butchered up, too) relay setup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not willing to give up because before this relay was removed the radio worked as I want it to. I know the radio standards cable colors but I dont know how to wire this relay it seems complicated to me

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm not saying 'give up' - I'm suggesting not using that mess, and simply jogging a wire from the relay plate to the radio.

If you really want it... Could you sort out the wiring (so that nothing is hidden behind its friends), and shoot another picture? The way it's all laying there, I can't visually trace most of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts